Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ulcers...

709 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
How does that happen? How do you develop or get an ulcer? "Old wives tale" says because you worry to much...
Peace for Ukraine!
Cancelled
AG
I think it's caused by a bacteria or a virus. Stress doesn't cause then, it just makes them hurt worse.
texas_ute
AG
Most common causes:
-NSAID medications (ibuprofen, naproxen, etc)
-H.pylori bacteria
monarch
S
No pain issues at all; haven't taken an aspirin, or an Excedrin or a Tylenol, etc in multiple years that I am aware of. What I am experiencing is internal bleeding and of course the blood is leaving my body periodically. Coincidentally, I had a colonoscopy 3-4 months ago and have a follow up visit on 12/07. The colonoscopy found some stuff that was attributed to cancer radiation treatment from back around Harvey so maybe the two are connect.

I might be a very healthy 66 year old dude, but internal bleeding is a worry at my age.
Peace for Ukraine!
03_Aggie
And it's not hemmoroids?
monarch
S
Don't think so.
Peace for Ukraine!
bigtruckguy3500
When you say "internal bleeding" what are you exactly referring to? Do you see bright red blood mixed with your stool? Coverng your stool? Dripping in the toilet bowl? Or are you having very black stools, almost like tar?

If you had a colonscopy a few months ago, they should've been able to find anything that would cause bleeding in such a short time, under most circumstances. At least possible sources in your colon.

Do you have any stomach pain? Burning? Indigestion sensation?
monarch
S
What you described in the first paragraph is what is I am experiencing. No pain however.
Peace for Ukraine!
bigtruckguy3500
The bright red or the black and tarry/sticky stools?

How long has this been going on? And increase in fatigueabilty, or getting pale?
bigtruckguy3500
You didn't answer my last post. Is this still an issue? If you're having black stools that are like tar and sticky, and you're not on peptobismol you need to go to the doc. Red blood on the stool, so long as it's not a lot isn't quite as alrming, but should still get checked out eventually.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.