Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Carnivore Diet - AKA the "Jordan Peterson Diet"

3,496 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by irish pete ag06
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Guys.

New to H&F.

Weight: 213lbs
Weist: 38 inches

Overall Health: meh. I lift weights 2-3x per week and jog occasionally but feeling bloated all the time and eat too much sugar & probably a carb addict. Not sleeping well and foggy headed a lot.

The Carnivore Diet seemed pretty crazy when I first heard about it but a friend has been carnivore for 6 months, recently turned 40 and says he feels like he's 25 again - and he lost weight and looks great.

So here we go.

Day 1 - I'll try to post a weekly update.

Plan: Eat only meat basically. Mostly beef. And drink a lot of water. Also eggs are game with butter.

And Lift weights 3-4 times week.

Katie_hopkins
Do more cardio if you want to drop weight
wbt5845
AG
Seems like it'd be hard to get balanced with meat only. I've done keto to lose weight wihich is similar but vegetables are allowed, as is cheeses.
Matsui
AG
Just eat a well balanced diet of lean meats vegetables and some fruit.
Seamaster
AG

emando2000
AG
Jordan & his daughter do it because they have auto immune reactions to literally everything. His daughters condition is worse than his. She may have destroyed her immune system from all the crap & medications she dealt with early on. Losing all of his weight wasn't the original purpose of the diet. I also don't think he tests his blood at all because he's happy not getting the side effects of the food he took out of his diet.
You'll prolly experience some initial benefits while your body adapts to the new diet but I'm not sure it's a good idea as a long term plan.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Katie_hopkins said:

no, you cannot outrun a bad fork.
htxag09
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Katie_hopkins said:

But I'm damn sure gonna try!
aggiejman
AG
lazuras_dc
AG
Heard JP and his daughter on podcast before and also Ronda Patrick has some stuff on JR podcast where she addresses her opinion on Carnivore diet.
Personally I'd go Paleo or Even Keto if its purely weight loss you're seeking.
AggieOO
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Katie_hopkins said:

Generally yes, but depends on how much you are running.
Woods Ag
AG
What's wrong with fatty meats?

raidernarizona
Had to google Jordan Peterson. Why would you want to look like that guy?

emando2000
AG
raidernarizona said:

He lost a ton of weight & seems to be overall much healthier
Pahdz
raidernarizona said:

If you googled former Aggie DB Jordan Peterson, well that dude was one of the most impressive athletes of that era.

Everytime I first started seeing this other guy's name all over the net I was wondering how the Aggie Jordan Peterson became so popular.
jagvocate
AG
Whatever you do stay away from www.meatheals.com

FightinTexasAggie08
I've done the carnivore diet for about 13 months, love it. The only issue is I get some cramping after long bouts of exercise.

I'm 33, 6'6 270 pounds, about 19% bodyfat.
Woods Ag
AG
did you play LT for us?
FightinTexasAggie08
No sir, I did play a pretty mean Corps Intramural flag football center though
Woods Ag
AG
6'6 270 w/ 19% body fat... I think I saw you post before and said "WTF" then too...

I bet you were pretty mean on the flag football field. Glad we didn't play you (I'm 08 too)
FightinTexasAggie08
Woods Ag said:

6'6 270 w/ 19% body fat... I think I saw you post before and said "WTF" then too...

I bet you were pretty mean on the flag football field. Glad we didn't play you (I'm 08 too)
hah thanks man, before I did carnivore I was about 350-360 and probably around 33% body fat, much happier down in the 2's
OasisMan
AG
wbt5845 said:

...but vegetables are allowed, as is cheeses.
you can do cheese/eggs on the carnivore diet

think one of the biggest benefits of carnivore is that you skip out on all the other carbs/processed items -- bread with the cheeseburger, etc
FightinTexasAggie08
OasisMan said:

wbt5845 said:

think one of the biggest benefits of carnivore is that you skip out on all the other carbs/processed items -- bread with the cheeseburger, etc
yes, absolutely. It's been a wild ride but very eye opening. My typical lunch is two half pound burger patties with cheddar cheese and bacon; for dinner I'll sometimes have a pound of bacon, or cook up some more patties. My treats are buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing. I also eat a lot of fajitas, bbq and steak on the weekends when I've got more time to get the grill going.

All these things are supposedly "bad" for you; but I've seen my blood pressure go lower than I thought it would (some days around 110/60) and my triglycerides are super low even if my overall cholesterol is borderline high; even though lower than it used to be.
irish pete ag06
AG
FightinTexasAggie08 said:

OasisMan said:

wbt5845 said:

yes, absolutely. It's been a wild ride but very eye opening. My typical lunch is two half pound burger patties with cheddar cheese and bacon; for dinner I'll sometimes have a pound of bacon, or cook up some more patties. My treats are buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing. I also eat a lot of fajitas, bbq and steak on the weekends when I've got more time to get the grill going.

All these things are supposedly "bad" for you; but I've seen my blood pressure go lower than I thought it would (some days around 110/60) and my triglycerides are super low even if my overall cholesterol is borderline high; even though lower than it used to be.

Bump for an update?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.