Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

BCS Marathon Roll Call

3,759 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tailgate88
Travelag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2:19 half - bummed bc I trained more than ever and thought I could PR (was hoping for 2-2:05), but the cold and the wind just crushed me.

Chris - how many kids posters where at the end? It's awesome to see how many have been added throughout the years! Thanks for hosting a great race!
CDub06
AG
3:33 Full. My body didn't just have it today. Great first half. Just fell apart late in the race. Frustrating.

Thanks Chris for checking on me as I crossed. And the two girls that asked if I needed help walking to get my medal...

Great race as always. Love the pictures of the children at the end to put things in perspective.

CDub06
AG
Oh and that finishers hoodie is dope.
ptothemo
AG
TL;DR - congratulations, windy, people on course great, race management great

Echoing some thoughts already stated but a few things:

First of all, congratulations to everyone who put in the work to get there and put in the race this morning.

The wind was pretty tough, particularly on West Campus. The three or so miles on HSC were brutal and the miles on Olsen were just about as tough. Just nothing to cut the wind out there at all.

The support and aid stations were well spaced and well managed. The groups working them definitely helped along the way. Whatever group or organization was at mile 18.5 or so was an awesome boost at a pretty lonely spot on the course.

Top notch camaraderie out on the course between runners today. Lots of folks looking out for one another and pulling for each other along the way.

The overall organization and race management was great. I really appreciated the commemoration of 41 this morning. Also, the fact that the race started right on time was great. Other races being just five or six minutes late when it's that cold really sucks. BCS will always have an emotional draw for me, but the logistical execution makes it top notch too.

Special thanks to Chris and JD for helping me out when my legs didn't work at the finish. JD stayed right with me for a good ten minutes until I could make it down to the end to my group.
979ag
AG
Today was my first ever race (yes, not even a 5k or 10k LOL), and I ran the half @ 2:10.

Although I have nothing to base it off of, the event as a whole was so much fun. I can't imagine any other race doing it better. From the race's mission to all the volunteers to even the runners, everything was so professional and inclusive.

Thanks for a great race and not making me feel like I was out of place the whole time haha
bushytailed
AG
I'm still cold.
rilloaggie
AG
3:16:48, New PR for me! Managed to do it even with 3 bathroom stops that cost me almost 4 minutes :/ Very happy with the overall result and hoping to tame my gut and get Boston qualified in 2019!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'll represent for the slower runners.

4:58 here for my third marathon. My first was in 2011 before we had kids and my second was in 2014 when we had one. This year was with two little kids at home and training was much tougher. I'm happy to only miss my PR by about 40 seconds as I missed many of my mid-week runs and went to Disney World in October and missed 2 long runs. This year I decided to try something new and run with a pacer. I stuck with the 5:00 pace group and really enjoyed it. The conversation helped pass the time and I never felt like I was out on an island like I do during some long runs. Towards the end I tried to break off to shoot for the PR, but I couldn't sustain it and the pace group ended up catching me.

I really enjoyed this race and as always I appreciate all of the volunteers out on the course. It was cold and windy.
Rudyjax
AG
I saw your pic running with the pacer.

There is only 1 person that finishes first and 1 person that finishes last.

Chances are you're not either. We're all running and in the middle. Great job.
BCOBQ98
AG
Half at 2:06. Anyone see my crazy self running shirtless?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Didn't see you shirtless, but I did see a lady running 26.2 miles barefoot. That's intense.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Thank you all so much for running with us yesterday! We are honored to hear such positive feedback. I loved seeing so many of you cross the finish line.
CDub06
AG
That's some real endurance to be able to keep it going. Well done.
AgCanuck07
AG
I am interested in running this in 2019 or 2020. Any idea on what weekend it will be next year?
sims05
AG
Historically the weekend of the 8th it just after. At least seems to be that way the last few years.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Always the second Sunday of December. So next year it will be 12.8.19 and in in 2020 it will be 12.13.20. Thanks!
Surly Thor
AG
Finished the full in 2:57:17 finally reaching my goal of sub-3 and giving me a lot of cushion for Boston 2020 after missing cut off by 18 seconds this year.
Tailgate88
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Didn't see you shirtless, but I did see a lady running 26.2 miles barefoot. That's intense.

In cold weather on asphalt?!?! Umm... that is pretty out there.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yes. Not to mention using a porta john barefoot.
Surly Thor
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Tailgate88
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.