Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

BCS Marathon Roll Call

3,694 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tailgate88
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who all is running BCS next month?

I'm in for my 3rd marathon. Training with two little kids at home has proven to be much harder than I envisioned. I won't PR but I just want to finish and enjoy.
tamuags08
AG
In for the half.
ptothemo
AG
In for the full - coming back for the mile 18 beast that got the better of me on West Campus last year
drivinwest
AG
In for the full. This will be my 6th time to run it. I'm using it as a supported long training run.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm staying with my wife and kids in a hotel over behind the new Hopdoddy burger place. I'm going to leave my truck for them to have during the race. However that leaves me with no way to get to the race start in the morning. Does College Station have an uber type service that runs that early? Any suggestions?
Swarely
CS has Uber. Have you checked about a hotel shuttle?
ptothemo
AG
Are you staying at Cavalry Court? If so, there will be a ton of people (myself included) who will be making their way from the hotel to the race that morning. It being College Station, you are likely to be able to find just about anyone willing to give you a ride. I haven't used Uber in CS in a couple of years now, but it is definitely there and will be available, also. The drivers will probably be happy to pick up a sober adult instead of a drunk college kid, too.
easttexasaggie04
AG
We are staying at a place called The George.
ptothemo
AG
Gotcha, The George and Cavalry Court are only a couple hundred feet apart and are the official hotel partners for the race. Both of them will be full of runners.

I don't mind giving you a ride so long as we can figure out timing and so long as you are cool with me not being much of a conversationalist on most race mornings. Shoot me an email, and we'll get it figured out.

htxag09
AG
Another successful Texags hookup....
Travelag08
In for the half! Praying for good weather and a PR
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Very excited to host all of you. Thanks for choosing our race!
wangus12
AG
Out due to injury. Starting to get annoyed with the time its taking, but hopefully I'll be back next year. Depending on work, I'd be interested in volunteering
CDub06
AG
In for the full. Looking for a new PR after taking a couple of years off.
hbc07
AG
Deferred to next year unfortunately.
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
O.G.
wangus12 said:

Out due to injury. Starting to get annoyed with the time its taking, but hopefully I'll be back next year. Depending on work, I'd be interested in volunteering
I feel ya there.
bigtruckguy3500

Didn't want to start a new thread, but figured y'all might appreciate this
ptothemo
AG
One week out!

Seems like the perfect time to start analyzing the hell out of the one thing that none of us can control - the weather. Looks like it is going to be a bit windy, but the temperature and precipitation project to be good to go.

T&P to the family, friends, and colleagues of tapering runners this week.
farmersfight
AG
in for the full and not ready for this thing!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yep, last night I started watching the weather on my phone for this race. Let's hope we have good weather!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Does the offer still stand for me to bum a ride from you to the rest start from the hotel? I'm flexible on when we'd leave. Earlier the better for me.

If not I might just bring my bike and ride from the hotel to the race start. I don't want to have to rely on an Uber that might not be running that early.
bushytailed
AG
In for the half.
Had the crud and an on/off fever last week.
Still coughing crud up today.
Hopefully I won't be running a fever during the race like I did last year.
It can't be worse than my race last year, right?
Not ready, but whatevs.
Doing this on a prayer.
Rudyjax
AG
Good luck everybody!
ptothemo
AG
Yep, shoot me an email with your contact information, and we'll get it figured out.
MexAgs
In for the full. I live <50 yards from Finish if y'all want to stop by and hang out on the lawn getting our drank on
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'd be down!
CDub06
AG
Rain has passed. About to do a little shakeout. Not looking forward to the cold tomorrow, but at least it will be clear!
sims05
AG
In for the full, hoping to keep up with MexAgs.
coop-aero-06
AG
Good luck everyone! BCS will always be one of my favorite marathons.
wangus12
AG
Good luck everyone!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Haha. I Ubered to the start line waaay too early. About to Uber to a warm Starbucks. Good luck everyone!
sims05
AG
3:01:11. The wind did not play fair. Pretty sure it changed directions during the race or the BCS area shifted of its axis with all the rain this week.

Walked the last 4 aid stations. Not sure if that hurt the time or not as the legs were getting tight and that might have been what helped me hold the pace.

Was right on pace for sub three at the half mark but the small sub three pack fell apart and it was hard to hold the pace.
Rudyjax
AG
sims05 said:

3:01:11. The wind did not play fair. Pretty sure it changed directions during the race or the BCS area shifted of its axis with all the rain this week.

Walked the last 4 aid stations. Not sure if that hurt the time or not as the legs were getting tight and that might have been what helped me hold the pace.

Was right on pace for sub three at the half mark but the small sub three pack fell apart and it was hard to hold the pace.

Great job and congrats. That's smoking fast even if you didn't meet your goal.
ptothemo
AG
3:29:56 - could not be more happy right now and not embarrassed to say there were some tears at the end of that one
Rudyjax
AG
That's so fast. Congrats!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.