Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Strongman equipment/some PL gear for free, south of Kerrville

975 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hoosegow
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted it on the Outdoor board, didn't think about putting it here.

If anyone wants an old House of Pain Ironwear "Texas A&M Powerlifting" bag, who lifts for A&M, let me know. I imagine you probably have your own, though...

Also, I have an ironmind gear bag, which I actually used more. Should have a belt for a 40~42" waist hanging around as well.

For the strongman gear, you'll probably need to be a national level amateur or so. Might be useful for a highland games fellow as well.

I have Atlas stones from 225-400. 8" Log, 706# tire, yoke, viking press, a couple of thick bars, farmer's walk implements - plate loading and the old tank style, various hand exercisers, and probably some more odds and ends. If concrete fill kegs are still a thing, I have one half filled with concrete - when I was competing, it switched to sand and water filled kegs, as they were heavier, so I have one of those, but up in SC.

Hoosegow
I'll take the yoke and farmers carries. I can pick it up Friday 5ish or sometime around 7:30 Sunday as I come back through. I'll be coming through Bandera then.

Edit - I could probably take all the strongman stuff off of you. If I can't use it, I have people that can. I just don't know if I could get it all in one trip.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I'm really looking for someone to take it all/someone who can use it. What have you been competing in?
Hoosegow
If that is the case, then I can probably take it all - might even be able to get it in one trip. Let me talk to some of the folks tonight. I'll have you an answer in a few hours.

I was powerlifting up until last October. Doc retired me from ever pressing anything again (need a new shoulder). I've been using strongman stuff since 2015 as my cardio to get my old fat heart in better shape
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
No offense, but if that's the case, I'm a bit confused as to what you can use?
Hoosegow
I can use the yoke and farmers bars. Mine are shopmade and I assume yours are much nicer. The folks I lift with, several compete in strongman. I am 99% sure they will take the other stuff. If they don't, I'm building a personal gym in bandera in a couple of years and I'll use it there.

Unfortunately they didn't show today. Now that I think about it, I think they competed this weekend.

I can take it off of your hands and put it to good use or at least make sure it will go to people who will put it to good use.

Hoosegow
We're good. I can take it all. Let me know whe. You want me to pick it up. Thanks.
Class of '94
Hoosegow
Did you decide not to give it away?
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.