Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

What apps do you use at the gym?

1,238 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgAttack
AgAttack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for some advice or experience with personal training and exercise log apps. There are so many!

I did StrongLifts 5x5 last year and it was helpful for me to learn the basics but got a little boring. Ideally, I'd love to have a personal trainer that could tell me when I walk into the gym, "Hey, we are doing arms today. Do these things..." and then something else the next time that all kind of fits together in a plan, tracks progress, etc. However, a real life personal trainer is beyond what I can afford right now.

Anyone have a good app they recommend?

Thanks!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I think there have been a few threads on this, so you might search for them.

I use Strong for iOS right now. It might be on Android too, I'm not sure.

I've got set up workout templates for each day of the week on it that basically tell me what to do. It also does a good job of logging progress, and it works well as a timer for rest between sets.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I use JEFIT.
TwoMarksHand
AG
JEFIT - for custom workouts
Stronglifts 5x5
HIIT app for timing my hiit workouts
Cancelled
AG
Brazzers.
amanda04
AG
I can verify that Strong is available on Android. And I love it, but I use it more for tracking and timers. There are a handful (like 5) workouts that are pre-programmed in, but you would have to do the research on what you want to do, then program it in before you go to the gym.
AgAttack
AG
Thanks all, these look great! Will give them a try.
culdeus
AG
Jefit is decent enough. It has watch integration that needs work but the main app is solid.
culdeus
AG
Also it's fun when jefit emails you at the end of the month to say you lifted like 80000 pounds this month.
BreNayPop
AG
Bodybuilding

Pick a lift set and stay w it a month, then change.
Tex_Ag_2017
AG
Downloaded Strong for android and started making a workout on it. Is there a way to add a custom lift? Wanted to put Burpees in my routine and they don't have it as a lift.
AgAttack
AG
Tex_Ag_2017 said:

Downloaded Strong for android and started making a workout on it. Is there a way to add a custom lift? Wanted to put Burpees in my routine and they don't have it as a lift.

I've tried JEFIT, GymDone, and Strong this week. Strong is the cleanest and easiest to use, but as you mentioned you have to make your own workouts. This is where my gym knowledge falls short. How did you piece together a plan? Any resources you used or just from experience?

JEFIT and GymDone have good workouts built in (or pay for upgrade) but are clunky on Android to use.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.