Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Metabolic Testing

1,147 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scheduling an appointment tomorrow for a body comp analysis and metabolic test.

I'm convinced I have the lowest metabolic rate ever. the amount of work and effort I put in (and eat decent) compared to my buddies who eat/drink/smoke complete trash and really don't work out and are skinny as a rail....talking dudes in their 30s....very frustrating. I'm definitely more in shape than they are and outperform them during pt, but just carry around a little extra around the stomach and love handles.
bam02
AG
What difference is the result gonna make?
americathegreat1492
Define "eat decent."
Matsui
AG
Some things are hereditary.
champagnepapi
bam02 said:

**** you!
P.U.T.U
AG
Some people are just iron marshmallows (you said PT so I assume military) that are like diesels. If the metabolic test includes how your body breaks down the different macros it may be worth it, if not I don't think so. Post your diet and workouts
BlueSmoke
My FIL was taken to the hospital this last weekend for high blood pressure. He's fine, but in the room we get to the conversation about diet. His "decent" diet he said is fairly typical:

Mashes potatoes
Corn
Rolls/cornbread
Sweet tea
And a protein, often breaded.

Then throw in sandwiches/chips, beer, and a dessert with most meals and his "decent" diet turns out to be a sugar/carb loaded train wreck.

Keep a food journal. That's step 1. You can't manage what you don't measure. And if your time in the gym consists of low-intensity isolation exercises or repetitive cardio, you might want to look at making some changes.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
bam02
AG
champagnepapi said:

bam02 said:

**** you!

My point was that your metabolism is what it is. I don't understand the value in testing. Conduct your own test with controlling and recording what foods you eat and how your body reacts.

But maybe you'll get a nice note from your doctor saying it's not your fault you are a little soft around the middle.
champagnepapi
bam02 said:

champagnepapi said:

bam02 said:

**** you!

My point was that your metabolism is what it is. I don't understand the value in testing. Conduct your own test with controlling and recording what foods you eat and how your body reacts.

But maybe you'll get a nice note from your doctor saying it's not your fault you are a little soft around the middle.

I try
Cromagnum
AG
bam02 said:

champagnepapi said:

bam02 said:

**** you!

It's valuable if you want to know what avg output is so you can balanace input. Granted, this is free if you see the scale start sliding the other way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.