Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Hood to Coast

1,023 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wangus12
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else running next weekend?

We have a team of 12 from Dallas that will be running. Only 1 of our team has run the race so new experience for pretty much everyone.
Callate Donnie
I wish.
The Pilot
AG
We actually just had a female drop out so we have room for a female if anyone can swing the flight to Oregon next weekend.
ptothemo
AG
Does identifying as female (#2018) and having lots of United miles count? I would like to run in cooler temps next weekend and have one of the two parts of the question covered.
The Pilot
AG
ptothemo
AG
Lol, my joking may not have come through there. I maybe didn't make the sarcasm around the female part of things apparent enough in hindsight. Need more emojis available in addition to plain text.

Sorry about that, and you can take the email address down if needed/wanted.
The Pilot
AG
No worries. Hey, nowadays you don't know if identifying = female or what.
Geriatric Punk
AG
If Boston allows transgender competitors, then I'm sure Hood to Coast does.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
coop-aero-06
AG
How was it?

Looks like there was a snafu at the awards ceremony where the organization refused to recognize the women's team champ.

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a22833785/hood-to-coast-relay-snafu/
The Pilot
AG
Fun race with some great scenery. I built the team for fun and not really for speed but we still placed 7th in our division. At times the race feels quite unorganized but I think it's bound to happen when you have 1000 teams running through small roads. At a few exchanges, our runner beat our van trying to transport our next runner. The finish line on the beach was awesome.
wangus12
AG
Hey do you run with J Brow out of Dallas?
The Pilot
AG
Yes, he's a good friend of mine. You know him from a&m?
wangus12
AG
That's awesome. He dated one of my former coworkers several years ago and so I met him through her. Ran Bay to Breakers with them a few years ago and I see him at the local races. Not as much anymore since I'm Plano area instead of Dallas now, but I saw he ran Hood to Coast and wondered if ya'll were on the same team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.