Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Mother Nature Issues When Running

2,821 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgCanuck07
BlueSmoke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MCT oil will help. You want to start off loading early. Think creatine. The more the better....
Nobody cares. Work Harder
rilloaggie
AG
I've had emergency issues twice.

First time I was running near my house and got hit with a crap pain almost exactly a mile from my house. I tried to slow down and make it home. Things were getting worse so I picked up the pace hoping I could make it home. No dice. I had to sneak behind an electrical box on a fairly busy road to handle the business. I was using an app called Vima at the time to track my runs and it would show your route in different colors based on your pace. It was hilarious to look at my route go orange as I slowed down, green as I tried to rush home, and finally a red squiggle while I hid behind the box and took a shame dump.

Second time I was in DFW staying with a friend. Drove from his place in Southlake to white rock lake to run. I realized I needed a pit stop on the way to the lake. Stopped at a whataburger on the way but the door was locked as it was about 4:30am and the dining room was closed. Next door there was a McDonalds so I drove there and had the same issue. Tried to get into a Burger King and it was closed too. Every stop tested my intestinal endurance and the penguin walk to the door and back made things worse and worse. I ended up having to pull up next to an apartment complex with big patch of oleander bushes for me to hide in. Got done and was just about cleaned up when two folks came walking by. I tossed the fast food napkins in the bushes when they were about 20 feet away, jumped in the truck and sped off. I think they were confused about what I was doing but I know they must have figured it out if they kept their course and walked past the mess I made!
Phat32
AG
My best have been on a Park Cities construction site at the back of the lot when there was clearly a port-o-john at the front. SMH.

Second was off the Katy Trail in the bushes one morning.

I am fortunate in that it's the first thing my body wants to do in the morning, but I definitely use coffee on race days to make sure it's all out. Closest I've had is 5 minutes before race start.
AgCanuck07
AG
I don't typically have an issue while running but....it immediately hits me at the end of my run, as I make the turn to my house (it doesn't matter if it is 4 miles or 18 miles).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.