Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Working out at lunch

1,597 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by newhowdyag2004
tmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do you do it?

30 minute workout then cool-down, shower and change. Eat at your desk when you get back?

SJEAg
AG
Usually 42 min treadmill run, shower, eat at desk. Or a 40 min weight workout.
Matsui
AG
sounds like a good plan to me.
Wife is an Aggie
Have gym in office so I can be changed & in the weight room in about 5 minutes or less from my desk. Lift for 40 minutes or so... 10 minutes to shower & change. Usually stop in the kitchen to heat up lunch quick and back at desk.
coop-aero-06
AG
Wife is an Aggie said:

Have gym in office so I can be changed & in the weight room in about 5 minutes or less from my desk. Lift for 40 minutes or so... 10 minutes to shower & change. Usually stop in the kitchen to heat up lunch quick and back at desk.
+1
AggieOO
coop-aero-06 said:

Wife is an Aggie said:

+1

This use to be my situation too. Now I'm remote, so I just work out whenever I want.
Post removed:
by user
c-jags
AggieOO said:

coop-aero-06 said:

Wife is an Aggie said:

+1

This use to be my situation too. Now I'm remote, so I just work out whenever I want.

I work from home so same for me. I usually only do that if I sleep in.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I feel like lunch time workouts would be very hard to be consistent with. For that reason, I like to hit it first thing in the AM before **** hits the fan at work.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Wish my office had a shower
Hincemm
AG
tmas said:

How do you do it?

30 minute workout then cool-down, shower and change. Eat at your desk when you get back?

Yup
Aggietaco
AG
I've tried lunch workouts a few times, but after a 45-60 minute run and a shower, I end up marinating in sweaty work clothes at my desk.
Frok
AG
The key is having a gym with a shower nearby. I have a gym across the street that I can do my whole workout and be back in about an hour. Sometimes I go over 15 minutes but nobody notices.

It's not ideal but I have an hour commute both ways plus I do 9/80s so it's the only realistic option for me.

Geriatric Punk
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

I feel like lunch time workouts would be very hard to be consistent with. For that reason, I like to hit it first thing in the AM before **** hits the fan at work.
My firm in Phoenix had a gym in the basement (with locker room, etc). It was perfect. Bust ass all morning, and then hit the gym over lunch. Finish the workout by going up and down the 26 flights of stairs. Shower and eat lunch at the desk while prepping for the afternoon. You'd be surprised how productive that break in your day makes you in the PM.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
AggieOO
Frok said:

Sometimes I go over 15 minutes but nobody notices.

Luckily when I was in an office, no one cared if you took an extra 15-30 mins for lunch. As long as nothing was missed and you were on top of your stuff, it didn't matter. That helped a lot.
Wife is an Aggie
Aggietaco said:

I've tried lunch workouts a few times, but after a 45-60 minute run and a shower, I end up marinating in sweaty work clothes at my desk.
Some days I wish I could run at lunch but this would be the same for me... This is why I only lift 2-4x a week during lunch and do my cardio in the mornings/weekends.
P.U.T.U
AG
Make sure to have some nice dri fit style underwear and socks for daily wear. No one likes swamp crotch.

I find it easier to cool down after weights or HIIT. For some reason running has me sweating for another 30 minutes. I work from home or work out before I leave. If I do workout at lunch its normally a freaking hard 30-35 minute workout and a quick shower. Done in 45 minutes to eat and start the last part of my day
KidDoc
AG
If I finish morning clinic early and get home by 11:45 I hit the elliptical for 30 minutes, jump in the pool, eat, then jump in the pool again and dry my hair and reapply deodorant and head back to clinic. This happens once or twice a week and just about never in winter when flu & RSV are making the rounds.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dummble
AG
I have a shower at the office and my gym is less than a 2 minute drive.

45 min to hour workout, stew in my gym clothes for an hour to stop sweating then shower and eat at my desk.
newhowdyag2004
I'm in the same boat. I used to get into work an hour early and take a 2 hour lunch break, but as I have moved up in management it's hard to justify a long break (plus I work in operations so I often don't take a lunch break at all). Now I get up at 525 AM and lift in my home gym and can guarantee my workout (sometimes interrupted with a call if something shuts down at work).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.