Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Calisthenics Everyday

1,390 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Geriatric Punk
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the past year, I've challenged myself to do 100 air squats (usually 2x 50), 3 x 1 min planks, and 3 sets of 20 hip raises at least 5 times a week. I've been mostly successful, but admit that I have slacked at times. The results have been great. My legs are stronger and my back no longer hurts from sitting most of the day. I still do strength training 2-3 times a week, but the consistent daily activity has made a remarkable impact on my overall health.

I'm curious - do any of you do calisthenics everyday and, if so, what?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
94DallasAG
AG
Go to the gym
RockOn
I do this core routine 2-3x at least 2 days a week.

https://www.uphillathlete.com/how-to-do-core/
TwoMarksHand
AG
RockOn said:

I do this core routine 2-3x at least 2 days a week.

https://www.uphillathlete.com/how-to-do-core/
What's the routine? He just lists the exercises, and the video shows you how to do them. But what are the reps/sets/times?
RockOn
Yea the website is really just a supplement to their book, Training for the New Alpinism. Great book. They say start with 10 reps each, then as that gets easy start adding weight.
Geriatric Punk
AG
94DallasAG said:

Go to the gym
No joke. Not so much because I can get a better lift there than my garage, but: 1) miss the "scenery;" and, 2) miss having access to a steamer and a spa. Those 3 things are worth the price of the membership alone. Sigh. One day.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.