Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cyst on foot - Podiatrist?

716 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bmc13
jjdavis85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've developed what appears to be a cyst or some type of bump that has calloused over on the bottom of my foot pad. The pain has gotten worse as any type of physical activity or just walking will agitate it. Would this be something that I should see my GP for, or would I be better off with a podiatrist. If podiatrist, I'd love any recommendations that you might have in the Katy or Houston area.

TIA
BallerStaf2003
AG
Prob not a GP, but a podiatrist or a dermatologist will take care of it.
jjdavis85
AG
Thank you!
bmc13
AG
for something on the bottom of your foot I'd see a dermatologist or an orthopod.
KidDoc
AG
Sounds like a plantar's wart I send those to podiatry- there are several options for them to nuke it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Absolutely not an orthopod.

They deal with bone, not cysts.
bmc13
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Absolutely not an orthopod.

They deal with bone, not cysts.

I know. I should have prefaced with, "if any surgery on the bottom of the foot is recommended, see".

as my mom had a very similar cyst on the bottom of her foot and a podiatrist did minor surgery on her foot to clean that up, but missed the underlying issue which was a small bone spur. that led to a very long recovery time and eventually seeing an ortho, who told her that if any actual cutting into the sole of the foot is recommended someone should see an ortho first to make sure there are no underlying issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.