Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Garmin Vivoactive 3

950 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wcb
exraider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been looking at many of the threads on fitness watches and wanted to ask if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this unit specifically. I was looking for a midrange device to keep up with steps and runs that could be used in the pool and maybe even golf if my recovery goes well. Many of the threads seem to push to a higher end device and unless anyone has any suggestions on finding it much cheaper (+/-250) I'd appreciate some suggestions as this will be the first of these we've had. Thanks I appreciate any help.
aggiespartan
AG
I have it and love it. I use it for running, but will be using it for some biking pretty soon. I haven't had any problems with the GPS or anything like that. I had an apple watch before this, and the garmin is much, much, better.
AgCanuck07
AG
I have a VA3 and love it so far.
Ken Adams
AG
Third garmin and second of the Vivoactive series and I still love it. I use it for just about everything but haven't swam or biked with it. I've run a few races and the GPS has been great. If you force me to give one thing wrong with it I'll say it's the dial being used as start and stop during exercise. You can lock it but then it gets annoying to unlock anytime I want to go back and read a text or go change a song.
mrsbeer05
AG
I've had mine since Xmas and love it.
exraider
Thanks for the feedback guys, it sounds like a good one. Have you used the waterproof features or is there anything other than the locking screen or different features that you wish you'd gotten a different watch?
mrsbeer05
AG
I regularly shower with mine on and give the kids a bath with it on and have had no problems. It can be touchy connecting with my Moto but Garmin is aware and working the issues
claym711
AG
Being tethered to phone for any music is a deal breaker for me.

Even with Apple Watch 2 (non cellular), I can go run with bluetooth earbuds and have Music and GPS without having to carry phone.
GMM
I just got one this past weekend. So far, I love it. Still learning all about it. But I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. I've mostly just used it for running so far.

I also like that it's not huge and bulky like a lot of gps watches can be. It looks totally normal as an everyday wear smart-watch.
aggiespartan
AG
claym711 said:

Even with Apple Watch 2 (non cellular), I can go run with bluetooth earbuds and have Music and GPS without having to carry phone.
I do carry my phone, especially for the longer runs, for music, but I also love the live feed that you can use with garmin. It emails my husband a map showing exactly where I am with my pace and whatnot, so if I ever get into trouble, he will see it. It's really useful when I have to run at night.
SeMgCo87
AG
exraider said:

I've been looking at many of the threads on fitness watches and wanted to ask if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this unit specifically. I was looking for a midrange device to keep up with steps and runs that could be used in the pool and maybe even golf if my recovery goes well. Many of the threads seem to push to a higher end device and unless anyone has any suggestions on finding it much cheaper (+/-250) I'd appreciate some suggestions as this will be the first of these we've had. Thanks I appreciate any help.
1st Vivoactive 3 and second Garmin. They do not disappoint.

I like the change clock-face feature, as well as some of the user contributed specialty watch faces and actions. As compared to my previous, the setting for auto-lap times is great.

Good watch. Enjoy.
wangus12
AG
Girlfriend likes hers, but it sure does take forever to connect to GPS before a run. My Fenix 5 will connect in seconds, but her Vivoactive can take minutes
aggiespartan
AG
wangus12 said:

Girlfriend likes hers, but it sure does take forever to connect to GPS before a run. My Fenix 5 will connect in seconds, but her Vivoactive can take minutes
That's probably just her watch. Mine connects very quickly.
wcb
AG
claym711 said:

Meet the Garmin 645
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.