Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

What's for lunch?

1,313 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tailgate88
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have hit a rut in my lunch ideas, prep, etc. and am hoping to get some ideas from others to reset a bit. What are you eating for lunch these days? Do you typically prep for the entire week at once or day by day? Do you have any high level macro analysis of what you are eating? Thank y'all!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Most of the time, we just make leftovers from the night before's dinner. If we don't have leftovers, I'll just make a turkey sandwich.
AgEng06
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Most of the time, we just make leftovers from the night before's dinner. If we don't have leftovers, I'll just make a turkey sandwich.
This. I bring leftovers for lunch almost exclusively, and I plan our dinners based on this.
Quinn
AG
Lunchmeat and cheese roll ups, nuts (almonds or pistachios), and a banana. Pretty exciting stuff.
agz win
AG
Try to prep for the week. Proteins and produce.

Today's lunch is pork roast, asparagus, and avocado. Unsalted almonds for snack.

I am a professional crock potter on the weekends.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Had gyro meat with romaine, onion, tomato, feta, taziki, and olives. So good.

Creamy chicken chili in the instant pot tonight.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
bushytailed
AG
I will typically prep for just a couple days. I like using mashed avocado in chicken salad or tuna salad in place of mayo. I also do mashed sweet potatoes with meat and veggies.

Today's lunch was an avocado enchilada, rice, and papas from Abuelos. No regrets.
94chem
Bring in a loaf of good bread at the start of the week (I like Dave's Killer, but whatever). Make PB&J for breakfast and/or grilled cheese for lunch. Snack on fresh fruit and nuts.
Discovery77
AG
Yes to meal prep on sunday nights, this week it was chicken.

buffalo sauce baked chicken breast w/ salad
chicken salad (mustard based) w/ salad
chicken breast fajita salad

so basically a protein and salad, very original.

snacks:
lunchmeat rollups with cheese
nuts
oranges/apples

On Friday I go out to lunch if possible.
Diet Cokehead
AG
i eat a salad with whatever protein I have from the previous night or deli turkey meat with yogurt dressing almost everyday for lunch on weekdays.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Sandwiches using the "thins" bread, ham, turkey, salami, hummus

Salads with fajita chicken, yogurt dressing (highly recommend the bolthouse brand)

Smoothies
Post removed:
by user
ptothemo
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

These lunch ideas are what I really hate about eating healthy. It can get so boring.
Yep, that is the exact place I am in and the reason that I asked the original question. I'm happy I asked, though, because I have gotten a couple of good ideas out of it. I had no idea that Dave's Killer Bread existed prior to this, but it is now on the grocery list for this weekend.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
ptothemo said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

These lunch ideas are what I really hate about eating healthy. It can get so boring.
Yep, that is the exact place I am in and the reason that I asked the original question. I'm happy I asked, though, because I have gotten a couple of good ideas out of it. I had no idea that Dave's Killer Bread existed prior to this, but it is now on the grocery list for this weekend.
I didn't know about Dave's Killer Bread either. We buy Ezekial bread, but that looks like a good alternative!
Tailgate88
AG
Just checked and Dave's Killer Bread is available at HEB! I'm going to grab some this weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.