Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anybody else running the Cowtown this weekend?

2,344 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rasher said:

This is what I thought as well. Figured the cutoff for Corral 1 was 8:15/8:30.

This board obviously trends towards the faster runner, but the vaaasst majority of people are 8:30/9:00+.

Who knows. Maybe Corral 2 is really 1.

Someone find out at the expo tomorrow and report back.
Phat32
AG
Stop by the Spoken tent at the expo and grab some swag/introduce yourself! I'll be there tomorrow.
GMM
Running the Half. Will be my first one/longest run ever. Looking forward to it.

Oh and I got Corral 4 also. Just trying to finish under 2 hrs.
wbt5845
AG
I am in Corral 4. I'll be wearing a Knights of Columbus shirt. Say hi if you see me (I guarantee I'm the only Knight running!)
wangus12
AG
Anyone run the 5k/10k today?
Rudyjax
AG
Sub 7 is corral 1.
wangus12
AG
Thats gonna be a pretty small corral
Naveronski
AG
Out here this morning. My wife is running, I'm just DD.
Phat32
AG
Great weather. PR by about 4 minutes!
GMM
Fun race. Weather was awesome. Beat my goal by almost 9 minutes
Ken Adams
AG
Missed goal A by 3 minutes but still happy. Best time I've had in 2 years so I'll take it! Saw lots of Aggie shirts in the running crowd and the support along the way. I love it!
Rudyjax
AG
Calf cramps mile 15-16. No big deal. I'll slow down. Total cramps for the next 7 miles.

I finished. So there's that.
bigcat22
AG
Gotta brag on my Dad, this was his first marathon and he finished at age 60. I guess now it's my turn ha
wbt5845
AG
Ran 2:23, which I'm happy with. Was on a 2:15 pace up until Mile 9. Oh *********that hill!
Rudyjax
AG
Aggie and Flower Mound High XC coach Andrew Cook won the ****ing thing.
wangus12
AG
Girlfriend finished her first half marathon. I'm incredibly proud because she stopped training because we thought she'd be at a vball tourney in Atlanta today. Only got in maybe a dozen training runs when we found out we'd be here.

If anyone saw they guy dressed as a leprechaun, that was me.
Phat32
AG
We had some serious questions about a hot we saw in full makeup doing Instagram poses with her Ultra medal in the finisher zone about 4.5 hours past start time.

Either she's incredible or something fishy was going on.
Ken Adams
AG
Yes then I saw you. Don't know how you didn't pass out from dehydration once the sun came out in that full suit. That's awesome.
MEENag
AG
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, this was my first marathon and I wanted to be under 4 hours. I snuck in just below at 3:57:06, so I was pretty happy. Weather was great. I never bonked but my pace dropped quite a bit on the last 3-4 miles. Glad I did it and I'm glad it's over. I'll probably do it again someday.
DaveHimself
AG
Unthought Known said:

Calf cramps mile 15-16. No big deal. I'll slow down. Total cramps for the next 7 miles.

I finished. So there's that.

This was my experience at my one and only Full at '11 Cowtown. Only mine started at mile 21ish. Oprah has a better PR than me...
Was out there supporting my wife today who did the Half, great weather lots of PRs from her and friends I know that ran. I was wearing an Aggie hoody with neon yellow ball cap and gave quite a few gig ems.
Rudyjax
AG
I ended up getting some pickle juice and while didn't get back to pace was ok.
crowag
AG
Did my first full yesterday in 3:43. Slower than I thought I would do. Not much prepares you for the difficulty of those last 5-6 miles. I had a decent run going prior to that point. Very awesome but humbling experience.
Rudyjax
AG
crowag said:

Did my first full yesterday in 3:43. Slower than I thought I would do. Not much prepares you for the difficulty of those last 5-6 miles. I had a decent run going prior to that point. Very awesome but humbling experience.

You probably passed me when I was struggling.

Congrats on it!
wbt5845
AG
Congrats to all. But to those of you who did the full - I sure was happy to be going right at the split and not left. But damn that hill at Mile 9.
Rudyjax
AG
I got passed near the Colonial by a guy in an A&M singlet...was that you?
crowag
AG
No...unfortunately that guy passed me too on the back half of the race.
Rudyjax
AG
How is this for hitting a wall?

5K 24:56.0
7:59/M
10K 49:51.0
7:59/M
15k 1:14:15.0
7:56/M
13.1 1:44:51.0
7:58/M
and so "halfway" into the race I'm where I want to be, 9 seconds faster. About a minute faster than my PR, but in that race my fastest miles were 14-20. If I stay at 8 minute miles, I'm good.

30k 2:32:54.0
8:42/M

I had cramps and slowed down a bit and got water and gatorade at each of the stops.

23M 3:17:25.0
9:31/M
this includes stopping for salt, and stopping on the side of the path to scream.
Mile 24 is my slowest mile, 13 minutes, which included hobbbling and screaming.

Finish: 3:50:02.0
8:47/M

17 minutes slower than my PR, but it was much harder.
The Pilot
AG
Evaluating your race is just one portion of the big picture. I'd look at your training overall and evaluate that too if you are trying to pinpoint what might have gone wrong.
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

Evaluating your race is just one portion of the big picture. I'd look at your training overall and evaluate that too if you are trying to pinpoint what might have gone wrong.
It's overall fitness. I haven't been able to cross train because of my hernia.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.