Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ultra Addicts

1,478 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ommama
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You Texas peeps should try the Franklin Mountains 200 Miler in El Paso next year in 2019! The only Sky-Running Event in Texas. I went out to the course a few years ago and it was amazing to see.

Put on by Trail Racing Over Texas.

http://www.trailracingovertexas.com/lone-star-100/
AggieOO
Zero desire to "run" a 200.

Also, pretty sure US skyrunning went under.
RockOn
Yea it's just a trot race now, there's no US Skyrunning to be apart of.

I like the idea of running a 200 but that's a lot of vacation days from work spent running slowly
AggieOO
RockOn said:

Yea it's just a trot race now, there's no US Skyrunning to be apart of.

I like the idea of running a 200 but that's a lot of vacation days from work spent running slowly

It's not running, it's hiking. It's impressive to cover that much ground on little sleep, but there's not a lot of running going on. I know a handful of people who have done 200s, and they all say it's mostly hiking.
champagnepapi
Try the Brazos Bend 100! In Houston and extremely fast course
champagnepapi
way to just straight sh*t on this thread.
AggieOO
champagnepapi said:

That was my sole goal!

Someone is way too sensitive.
champagnepapi
AggieOO said:

champagnepapi said:

That was my sole goal!

Someone is way too sensitive.

Haha there is the Regular Franklins Mountains 50k. I helped put it on the first year and it was amazing to see people reach the summit and go about their ways. I got to be the sweeper and help push people through the pain.
AggieOO
As much as I like the venue, not a fan of TROT. It's been hashed out on here before, so no need to go into it.

As for the 200s, didn't mean to come off as negative. It just doesn't appeal to me. I love ultra ultra running, and while there is walking even at the 100 miler, you still do more running than walking. This isn't the case in 200s. I love hiking, but not for time. I'd rather stage race if I'm looking at multiple days. Just a personal thing. Have 5 friends that have done Tahoe 200 and one doing Moab this year. I'd definitely go crew/pace at a 200 though.
champagnepapi
AggieOO said:

As much as I like the venue, not a fan of TROT. It's been hashed out on here before, so no need to go into it.

As for the 200s, didn't mean to come off as negative. It just doesn't appeal to me. I love ultra ultra running, and while there is walking even at the 100 miler, you still do more running than walking. This isn't the case in 200s. I love hiking, but not for time. I'd rather stage race if I'm looking at multiple days. Just a personal thing. Have 5 friends that have done Tahoe 200 and one doing Moab this year. I'd definitely go crew/pace at a 200 though.

I missed the story on TROT, but everyone I've interacted with really enjoys a good TROT race. Rob is a great RD and always excited to see people finish? Are you a big Tejas Trails runner or something?
AggieOO
Let's just say we have differing opinions on Rob and leave it at that.
c-jags
I have no loyalty to any of the big 3 with Tejas, TROT, or Spectrum. All 3 seem like they do fun races. I'd like to do one from all 3 this year.
drivinwest
AG
TROT events. Not a fan either.
champagnepapi
drivinwest said:

Tell me. Let's just say I'm in the position of influence to help improve things for the better.
TexasAggies06
AG
champagnepapi said:

drivinwest said:

Tell me. Let's just say I'm in the position of influence to help improve things for the better.

Rob?
AggieOO
Not getting into it. Already made that clear. There is absolutely nothing you can do.
champagnepapi

You won't find a more passionate RD anywhere else!
coop-aero-06
AG
AggieOO said:

As for the 200s, didn't mean to come off as negative. It just doesn't appeal to me. I love ultra ultra running, and while there is walking even at the 100 miler, you still do more running than walking. This isn't the case in 200s. I love hiking, but not for time.

I'm in the same boat. I've really gotten into the ultra scene over the last 2 years or so but I have no desire to do a 200. I'd rather make a 10 day camping/hiking trip that covers 200 miles than do a race.

The franklin mountains sounds like a great place to do some running though.
ommama
champagnepapi said:

drivinwest said:

Papi... somehow I doubt Rob would love for you to start a big TROT debate on here. Let it go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.