Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Lent: 10Miles/Day and No Alcohol

2,476 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Na Zdraví 87
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going awesome so far, it's becoming a way of life now and a mental need rather than a chore or workout. And the no alcohol is great for my early morning runs and overall performance.

My pace is anywhere between 7-9:30min/mile

Keep me honest peeps!

****** Week 3 Update******

21 Days sober!

226 Miles run!

Feeling great!
CDub06
AG
Way to challenge yourself. Keep it up
The Pilot
AG
Awesome! Hopefully you have a solid base under you, 10 mi/day for 40+ days can be a beating.

I'm giving up sweets for lent..
AggieOO
Without a solid base, 70 mile weeks, with no rest, for 4 straight weeks is a recipe for injury.

If you've got the base, go for it. If not, you may want to rethink.
champagnepapi
AggieOO said:

Without a solid base, 70 mile weeks, with no rest, for 4 straight weeks is a recipe for injury.

If you've got the base, go for it. If not, you may want to rethink.

You are a real negative Nancy today Aggie00, stop sh*tting all over my threads.

But yes, I've got that base. I've run countless ultras, marathons, half's. And im probably in the best shape of my life to accomplish this goal. And I've got 2 Marathons scheduled during those 40 days too. I'm motivated and hungry for miles.
AggieOO
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Sorry for trying to give some advice.
champagnepapi
AggieOO said:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Sorry for trying to give some advice.

Haha I was just coming off a good nice post run high and feeling accomplished so far then I read your comments. Back to back. I'm not mad anymore, I understand we need to look out for one another.

Sorry Aggie00!
The Pilot
AG
Now you have might have added motivation to make this happen. Two marathons on top of this...good luck!!
Gabster43213
If you dont mind me asking, what was your previous daily alcohol intake? I need to reduce in a major way.
easttexasaggie04
AG
How many ultras are countless ultras?
AggieOO
So many that no one can count!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'm guessing every ultra ever. That's a lot of ultras.
AggieOO
To be fair to the OP, I couldn't tell you how many ultra I've run. I could easily see myself using that figure of speech.
coop-aero-06
AG
champagnepapi said:

But yes, I've got that base. I've run countless ultras, marathons, half's. And im probably in the best shape of my life to accomplish this goal. And I've got 2 Marathons scheduled during those 40 days too. I'm motivated and hungry for miles.
I'm legitimately curious how this is going for you. I did a 30 day run streak during the month of December just to keep myself from missing a bunch of training over the holidays. While it wasn't terribly challenging, there were many days where I only ran 4-5 miles just to keep the streak alive. Committing to running 10 miles per day would have been tough.

Are you planning to do 10 miles on the days before (and after) your 2 marathons? That would be quite bold, IMO.
champagnepapi
easttexasaggie04 said:

I'm guessing every ultra ever. That's a lot of ultras.

Thank you AggieOO. And easttexas, I didn't mean to come off as a snob. Just saying I've endured a lot of distance. Started running in 2013 ( 4x100s, 3x50s, 10x50ks, countless marathons......so on and so forth) and I Ruck a ton with 35lbs via the Army. Long distance running has helped me out so much with ruck marching!

So I believe my body is in prime shape, 28 years old and bullet proof.
champagnepapi
coop-aero-06 said:

champagnepapi said:

I'm legitimately curious how this is going for you. I did a 30 day run streak during the month of December just to keep myself from missing a bunch of training over the holidays. While it wasn't terribly challenging, there were many days where I only ran 4-5 miles just to keep the streak alive. Committing to running 10 miles per day would have been tough.

Are you planning to do 10 miles on the days before (and after) your 2 marathons? That would be quite bold, IMO.

It's going good and I'm still hungry for more miles! Pace is around 9min/Miles. I feel great while I'm running. Once I get going I feel great. I usually do Two a days during the week and knock out all 10 in the weekend at once.

Yes, I did 10 mikes today with my Marathon tomorrow. I plan on running 10 on Sunday!
wbt5845
AG
This is really impressive. It's not for me, but sounds like a hell of a challenge.
champagnepapi
wbt5845 said:

This is really impressive. It's not for me, but sounds like a hell of a challenge.

Thanks man, just finished up with a Marathon today. Very slow, 4 hours. Hilly AF in North Carolina. Battled some demons on the first loop but felt great on loop #2!
champagnepapi
****** Week 3 Update******

21 Days sober!

226 Miles run!

Feeling great!
c-jags
impressive sir. keep at it.

i approached this the opposite as you. i was an overweight non drinker most of my 20s. now i'm a slimmer guilty former baptist who drinks.

i don't think i could do it without some overuse injuries. i'm about 7 years older than you, but i hurt a lot more these days than i did in my 20s.
Geriatric Punk
aggiebrad94
AG
I guess I'll be "that guy" and ask...

Has this experience brought you closer to God and your understanding of His sacrifice?
champagnepapi
Yes, sobriety has helped me.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Papi, how much were you drinking? Daily? You just quit cold turkey?

Impressive stuff you are doing! Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.