Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Pre workout suggestions

2,349 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by beanbean
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I usually have a good amount of energy before I go run but I'm gassed by the end of it. Need suggestions for a pre workout I can take after my run to go lift weights with
10andBOUNCE
AG
Get ready for all the judgemental self righteous all natural lifters to scorn you

I'm about to finish my first tub of this. Would recommend. I get by with 80% or so of a scoop. You may be able to get away with half a scoop.

https://athleanx.com/athleanrx/x-cite?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwNmz8aCp2QIVFZd-Ch1SHAjbEAQYASABEgJD__D_BwE
MikesFamousJava
AG
I've done well with Scivation Xtend Go. Has BCAAs, electrolytes, and caffeine. Pretty affordable on Amazon, and supposedly doesn't break your fast if you are into IF.
Deputy Travis Junior
Have a cliff bar and a shot of espresso
AgEng06
AG
I have gone through several pre-workouts, but always keep coming back to Optimum Amino Energy. I think it gives me the best boost without all of the jittery issues that some pre-workouts have (and that's saying something, given I'm kind of a tweaker at heart). One serving (two scoops) is about 100 mg of caffeine.
Sooner Born
If you're too gassed by the end of your run to lift, then you're running too hard.
ptothemo
AG
AgEng06 said:

Optimum Amino Energy.
+1 for this.
Presley OBannons Sword
there aint a pre workout drink in the world that's going to help you not be tired between running and lifting. you'll just get better at it the better shape you get in.

or, yeah, like Sooner said, just run slower if you are too tired.
bushytailed
AG
ptothemo said:

AgEng06 said:

Optimum Amino Energy.
+1 for this.
this
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I've gone through most of the preworkouts and am in the less caffeine stage or cycle.

I'm currently taking NutraBio "PRE" before I was talking the PRE Extreme. No proprietary blends and isn't overly caffeinated.

Most people have different reactions to preworkouts and therefore, different preferences. Keep an eye on caffeine content... I don't think it's a good idea to slam 300mg of caffeine right after a run and when your resting BPM is already elevated. I don't run so I can't speak from experience.
rshackelford
AG
Nutrabio pre or pre extreme and pre-kaged have been my favorites as far as ingredient content for what you pay. Highly recommended. I'm currently half way through a large container of C4 Ultimate which is decent (the only one in their entire lineup worth looking into) but it's ruinously expensive compared to the others. I got it for free, and while I like it I wouldn't ever pay for it at $70 per 40 servings. The pre-kaged and nutrabio are both dosed higher I'm pretty much everything and at half the cost
Cliff Booth
AG
I've switched to a mix of things:

Vital Reds (GundryMD.com)
Coffee
Beet juice
Pinch of himilayan salt
Xylitol (if I want to sweeten it up a bit)

I don't get the rush of a strong pre workout, but I don't crash afterwards either.
plowboy1065
S
Adderall
aggie_fan13
AG
you got the hookup ? asking for a friend
plowboy1065
S
Just need to tell your Dr you've always had trouble concentrating and it's starting to affect your work, or so I hear
CTGilley
AG
Have you tried any of his other stuff? I like to change things up and was looking at giving it a try. I like his youtube stuff.
Vivificus
AG
Stretch
Viv
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Do you guys train/lift fasted? I don't typically eat before working out, but thinking I might try to eat at least an orange or banana prior to.
aggie_fan13
AG
I only eat between the times of 10AM to 3PM. then go on a fast til the next day. Wake up at 5:30 usually and go run. I feel fine when i workout without much in my body
plowboy1065
S
I get up at 4:15, gym at 5. I ingest nothing but vitamins and preworkout
rshackelford
AG
On days I lift I get up at 4:00 am. My gym is at the house in the garage so I don't have to go anywhere. The hardest part is literally putting my feet on the ground and walking to the kitchen. If I can make it that far, the workout will happen. I take my preworkout when I'm half asleep, but a bolus of caffeine that quick on an empty stomach will do the trick within about 20 minutes. I even lay down in the recliner and shut my eyes. WIthin about 20 minutes the legs start twitching and I'm wide awake and ready to go.

I also train fasted as well. Ive honestly found no difference between eating food an hour prior to training, or just eating really good before bed. I do IF so my eating period is usually 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and I try to have a big meal, with plenty of carbs in it before bed. that tends to do the trick every bit as well as eating right before. My workouts are usually 1.5 hours and I haven't noticed any signifcant fatigue since I started training fasted.
aggie_fan13
AG
Have any of yall tried Bare performance ? He is an army guy out of austin
beanbean
bushytailed said:

ptothemo said:

AgEng06 said:

Optimum Amino Energy.
+1 for this.
this
Optimum Amino Energy Watermelon flavor to be exact. So delicious!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.