Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Caffeine

1,783 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by irish pete ag06
jack3d14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
for those of you that do consume caffeine on a daily basis, how are you taking it? i usually drink a coffee or two every morning but i find that it makes me very dehydrated especially when i'm having the two cups. does anyone take straight up caffeine pills? https://www.samedaysupplements.com/caffeine-by-allmax-nutrition-200mg-100-tabs.html for reference
752bro4
AG
I learned at a very young age that caffeine was nothing more than a stepping stone to the hard stuff.

ptothemo
AG
Finally a caffeine thread that I can get behind - all the others seems to be about quitting it....

I get my caffeine through Optimum Essential Amino Energy pre-workout or pre-run. I also drink a couple of cups (total) of coffee with breakfast and getting the work day going.

I sleep well at night, blood pressure is pretty good, resting heart rate is great, and - to 752bro's point - I haven't gatewayed into coke, so I'll happily keep my caffeine.
SJEAg
AG
I drink 1-3 cups in the morning, maybe 1 in the afternoon. I quit diet coke for the most part a few years ago. I don't think I really need the caffeine kick, I just like coffee.

Sleep like a baby most nights.
hamy
I think caffeine is too harsh, and i like L-Theanine much more. It is not metabolised as caffeine i think, so that is the reason why its effects are not that harsh but more gentle and over a longer time period, too. I usually just buy a big bag on LM and using it for studying mostly.
P.U.T.U
AG
Everyone is different, I know a couple that drinks 3-4 pots a day as caffeine does nothing for them now. I used to drink a coke and be wired for half as day. It all depends
Post removed:
by user
cjo03
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QVCSZC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1518577547&sr=8-4&keywords=caffeine+jet+alert&dpPl=1&dpID=515ha-EiLeL&ref=plSrch

Yup.

Not sure if that link will work but 200 mg jet alert from Walmart for about $5 per 100. I usually break it in half. Won't take it after about 1pm though or it messes with my sleep.
bruno319
AG
I drink two cups of coffee or hot tea (black or green tea) in the morning. Either way, I drink 16 oz of water as soon as I wake in the mornings. A friend of mine (nutrition major but not formal nutritionist) says you always wake dehydrated just from the water we lose overnight from normal respiration and perspiration. I also try to drink a lot of water throughout the day, so that's generally what I'm drinking after my coffee or caffeinated tea. When I've tried to take caffeine pills, that makes me too jittery and seems to not sit well on my stomach but that may work better for you.
bam02
AG
Similar to bruno... I drink a 20 oz bottle of water by my every morning. Then I proceed to drink a ridiculous amount of coffee. The rest of the morning and frequently have a black Grande Starbucks coffee in the late afternoon. I drink 1-2 gallons of water throughout the day and stay well hydrated.
Rudyjax
AG
There is absolutely no way coffee makes you dehydrated.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
1-2 cups in the morning in my protein shake (not every morning) ~ 160mg
Iced tea at lunch (if I eat out) ~ 40mg
Preworkout late afternoon or early evening ~ 150mg

Days I don't work out it's just a cup in the morning. I drink a lot of water and no cokes so staying hydrated is not an issue.

After having some scary side effects from 350-400mg preworkout + 300-350mg Spike energy drink in one sitting, I regulate my intake of caffeine a lot closer. Don't be like younger, dumber me.
yestoast
ttha_aggie_09 said:

After having some scary side effects from 350-400mg preworkout + 300-350mg Spike energy drink in one sitting, I regulate my intake of caffeine a lot closer. Don't be like younger, dumber me.

When I can feel my eyes vibrating, I know I'm going to have a killer workout.
coop-aero-06
AG
I usually have 2 cups in the morning, and sometimes another around 2pm. I have never felt that coffee dehydrates me. In fact. there are many times where I will go for a ~12 mile run in the morning after eating/drinking nothing except a big cup of coffee.
NoahAg
coop-aero-06 said:

I usually have 2 cups in the morning, and sometimes another around 2pm. I have never felt that coffee dehydrates me. In fact. there are many times where I will go for a ~12 mile run in the morning after eating/drinking nothing except a big cup of coffee.
This. Except I certainly eat before every run. The only caffeine I consumed in college was the occasional Jet Alert if I had to pull an all nighter. I didn't start drinking coffee until my early 30s, and haven't drank soft drinks since high school.
Rudyjax
AG
NoahAg said:

coop-aero-06 said:

This. Except I certainly eat before every run. The only caffeine I consumed in college was the occasional Jet Alert if I had to pull an all nighter. I didn't start drinking coffee until my early 30s, and haven't drank soft drinks since high school.

This. Because the only drink the dehydrates you is alcohol.

bmks270
AG
Usually 1-2 cups per week day... small cups 6-8 ozs.

1 in the morning
1 occasionally in the early afternoon
1 occasionally after work

0-1 cup on weekend days.

Afternoon cup depends on how I feel and how much focus I feel I need.
bert harbinson
AG
I'm with coop and Noah. For some reason I used to think it was a bad idea to drink coffee before a run. Now I don't do a morning run without it.
2012Ag
AG
I take a 200 mg caffeine pill in the morning every day. It takes the grogginess edge off for me pretty quick to be able to start my day.
harge57
AG
Unthought Known said:

NoahAg said:

coop-aero-06 said:

This. Because the only drink the dehydrates you is alcohol.

Please, only one addiction at a time.
Presley OBannons Sword
i drink all of the caffeine all day.
Wife is an Aggie
1 Bronkaid + 1 caffeine (200mg) pill on sluggish mornings = coffee not necessary
irish pete ag06
AG
I just read all the studies showing the benefits of drinking coffee and sip on it all day.

But in all seriousness I only drink black coffee, water, and unsweetened tea hot and cold. The occasional diet soda when I have a sweet craving.

Average day is

20 oz coffee in morning

10 oz coffee in afternoon

Water throughout the day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.