Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

"diet" and alcohol

5,415 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JamesBREI06
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not really on a diet, i just eat super clean compared to where i was a year ago. That being said i tend to watch my carbs and calories. Any beer or alcohol that wont put too much of a dent into my "diet"
JaneDoe02
AG
Bloody Mary
aggie_fan13
AG
id rather not drink
JaneDoe02
AG
Well, it's basically vegetable juice and vodka. So not too terrible for you.

Crown and water?

Crown and Diet Coke?

Scotch and water? Or soda?
htxag09
AG
Just cut back but still drink what you want, moderation.

My go to's are wine, Tito's and water w/ lime, and whiskey neat. When I'm trying to feel or be healthy i stick with the Tito's and water w/ lime.
aggie_fan13
AG
i want beer
c-jags
I've learned after mostly participating in Dryuary that 2 beers is best. Keep it at that and it doesn't affect me. Light beer may be different but I don't drink bud, Miller, coors, or micholoeb. So your mileage may vary.

Get into a 6 pack or hard stuff and I feel it.
Rudyjax
AG
It's like anything else. Moderation.

Diet Cokehead
AG
Vokda and Soda

Vodka and Diet Tonic

Vodka and Sprite Zero

Vokda and Water with a few squirts of Crystal Light
Matsui
AG
Looks like light beers or vodka!
bruno319
AG
I get you probably aren't wanting to don a bikini (though, can't assume gender from usernames - mine is an homage to actor I like; I am trying to get back in swimsuit shape ).

But here's a list of potential beers for you since you mentioned that's what you'd like to drink.

https://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/15-bikini-friendly-beers

I follow what another poster said .. 2 of what I like, which is Saint Arnold Santo. I also am trying different scotches. Partial to Oban right now. But not really drinking often these days. Drink more during football season when we tailgate.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If you want beer, you are going to be stuck to michelobs or the super lites.

Other wise, I recommend vodka or gin and Topo Chico.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Champ Bailey said:

If you want beer, you are going to be stuck to michelobs or the super lites.

Other wise, I recommend vodka or gin and Topo Chico.

That stuff is not beer.
I'm with you. I need good beer from time to time. I just make sure I drink it on days I've earned it. Run a five miler, drink a double ipa. Etc. a couple of beers a week won't derail your universe as long as you have proper balance. Besides, life is too short to drink light beer.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
P.U.T.U
AG
That light stuff that has no flavor is not beer, just drink what taste good and do it in moderation. I would rather have one good beer than three watered down beers
Seven Costanza
AG
If your goal is just to enjoy "a" beer, then go with whatever you want. A single beer here and there won't hurt your diet.

If your goal is to maintain a buzz over a few hours, then it's going to take calories. You can get there through a higher amount of lower calorie/lower alcohol content light beers or through a lower amount of higher calorie/higher alcohol content beers, but it's all a wash calorie-wise in the end. There is no free lunch.

If your goal is limiting carbs, drink vodka.
PapaJohn14
AG
Gin
agz win
AG
Spiced rum?
aggie_fan13
AG
I saw your post will give it a try
Rudyjax
AG
Truly Spiked & Sparkling water is 100 calories and 5% alcohol.
747Ag
AG
Whiskey. Neat.
aggie_fan13
AG
Developed a taste aversion to whiskey
bruno319
AG
azulAg said:

Developed a taste aversion to whiskey

Sounds like there's a whiskey drunk story that didn't end well? I have one of those liquors I won't touch after "mastering" ice shots at a party sophomore year and that was more than 20 yrs ago!

If you're going to try spiced rum, I really like Old New Orleans Spiced Rum.
Deputy Travis Junior
I think I read somewhere that champagne has the highest alcohol to calorie ratio.
EliteZags
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

I think I read somewhere that champagne has the highest alcohol to calorie ratio.
not as loaded with sugar as it tastes?
wbt5845
AG
Concur with the comments above regarding moderation. I've tried Michelob Ultra and it suuuuuuucks.

I went on a social 5K run last night and had two Revolver Blood and Honeys (16 oz) afterwards. I'd rather drink a good beer and moderate than drink crap.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Vodka and Topo Chico
Rudyjax
AG
I would kill my dog and all 4 of my cats for a beer right now.

Only 9 more days until the cold liquid hits these lips.
jetch17
AG
Tito's & Topo Chico w/ lime is now the go-to, mostly on the weekends.

I still probably a glass of red wine a night.

Cutting beer was the biggest for me, but necessary.
g_werch
AG
Diet 7up and whiskey or vodka is delicious
aggie_fan13
AG
ive never been so drunk. It didnt help that i had zero food in me
bruno319
AG
I feel your pain and can readily recall mine to this day. Ah, the joys of college!

So you'd like to drink beer but still keep it relatively healthy. As everyone mentioned, moderation or alcoholic water are your two options. *Alcoholic water is what I call the Michelob Ultra or Pearl Light I always pack with my craft beers for tailgating. Sometimes you gotta slow your roll and hydrate, but don't want to quit drinking.

But do you have a type of beer you prefer (lager, stout, wheat, kolsch, etc)? Maybe we can give you suggestions based on that.
aggie_fan13
AG
Lone star is go to. Tried Michelob ultra about a week ago. too watery. Shiner is great but too many calories. Im also looking into other drinks i can mix like malibu and coke, etc... No whiskey ever again
KidDoc
AG
I am not an IPA guy. I love my lagers, pilsners, ambers which are generally not good for caloric balance. The most tolerable light beers I have found are:

Amstel Light- they stopped making this and do something else that sucks
Shiner Light Blond
Corona Light

That is about it. Sucks.

For booze I stick with whiskey for the most part- usually rocks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bruno319
AG
So, Lone Star is 136 cal/12oz and 4.65% ABV, which is pretty high ABV. Lone Star Light may be what you go with for that taste, maybe, at 110 cal, but it drops to ABV of 3.85.

Michelob Ultra is popular because it's 95 cal but keeps ABV of 4.2. You said it tastes like water, so I'd agree with KidDoc on trying Shiner Light Blonde. That's 99 cal but also keeps 4.2 ABV. Or Sam Adams Light, which is 124 cal and 4 ABV. With beer, usually higher ABV, higher calories.

If you want to branch out, you'd probably like craft pilsners or kolsch beers. I really like kolsch style beers, and Karbach Love Street is a good one for starters. It's prob 140 cal, though I'll go with Houston Beer Guide who says it's 123, and it has ABV of 4.9.

If you like amber beers, you can hit a 6.2 ABV with Saint Arnold's Amber Ale for about 160 cal. More calories, but two of those would be like drinking 3+ of your beers.

Per this list, the best calorie to ABV beer is Natural Ice. WOW ...I'll still pass! https://www.beerishealthy.com/lowest-calorie-beer-with-most-alcohol/

For liquor that's not whiskey, you're pretty much looking at rum and vodka. So, as you noted mix with soda or as others noted, sparkling water. I've never used Topo Chico but may have to try based on all the posts. I use Dasani sparkling when I want water and a little flavor (good pineapple one), Coke Zero or diet 7up when doing a soda mixer.

Let us know if you come across any great new drink recipes while you're experimenting!
Ragoo
AG
Gin and diet tonic
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.