Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

420 problem

4,676 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BQ2001
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Home office know isn't stupid, they know that the majority of the Oil Rig hands use something, either a stimulant to work 80+ hours a week, or something for pain. They also know that you can't bear down on drug tests too hard or you won't have any hands on the rigs. This is great until the worker gets hurt, then Home Office will require that they test them again, this time at the clinic, not out at the rig. So the company (the major brand name companies where you buy your gas do this too) use the drug test as an excuse to get out of paying workers comp.

Prior to gettting hurt they don't care what you do as long as you show up for your shift and work crazy hours, after you get hurt....well....you're on your own.
Yet another way we pass the true costs of our favorite addictive substance (oil) right on down the line.
P.U.T.U
AG
Most industries have their poison be it stimulants, pain killers, alcohol, tobacco so it is not just the oilfield. In our industry I would assume 15-25% are functioning alcoholics (believe the US rate is 10%), something like 80% of Silicon Valley CEOs are on the newest stimulant whatever it is at the time.

I have no idea about drug test since I have had random ones required since 18, was a good job and did not want to ruin it. Now my job and one of my customers make me take random ones. Oddly enough every time I travel to Colorado for work I happen to get chosen for the "random" drug test.
BQ2001
AG
When I got my job in Colorado (office job) they didn't even give me a pre-employment test. I found that odd but I figured it was just because of the legalization was passed a year prior.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.