Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Forerunner 235 question

2 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mrsbeer05
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has a wrist based HRM but I already have one I wear on my forearm. Will still I be able to use my arm one? I'm thinking of asking for this for Xmas
wcb
AG
I have the 735 which has optical HR. I can still pair it with a chest / arm strap and turn off the wrist; 235 should be the same.

I actually really prefer the wrist / optical, but that's another discussion.
aggiespartan
AG
I don't know the answer to your question, but can I ask why you are choosing the forerunner 235 over the vivoactive 3? It's an inner debate that I'm having myself.
Sooner Born
Look at the 230. It's the 235 without the optical HRM.
mrsbeer05
AG
That's what I originally wanted but it isn't in the Garmin website anymore.
mrsbeer05
AG
aggiespartan said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but can I ask why you are choosing the forerunner 235 over the vivoactive 3? It's an inner debate that I'm having myself.

I just looked at the functions more closely- I thought both let you see calls and emails and texts, but it looks like just the viviofit 3 does that. So I think I'll probably go with that
c-jags
Garmin 230 and 235 let you see emails and calls.

That being said, unless there's some flaws I don't know about I don't see a good reason to not go Vivoactive 3 over forerunners unless you want triathlon features.
htxag09
AG
Just to confirm the original question, I have the 235, and yes, you can turn off the optical HR and pair with something else.
expresswrittenconsent
I have the 235. As someone else said, you can see calls, emails, texts, the weather, events from your calendar, have it ring/locate your phone, etc.
NoahAg
mrsbeer05 said:

That's what I originally wanted but it isn't in the Garmin website anymore.

Look for a refurbished 230 with the same warranty as a new one. Garmin warranty and customer service is phenomenal.
amanda04
AG
I have a brand new, still in box, 230 if you're interested in buying one still. Let me know if you're interested!
Aggietaco
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup.
wcb
AG
mrsbeer05
AG
amanda04 said:

I have a brand new, still in box, 230 if you're interested in buying one still. Let me know if you're interested!
My dad actually got me a vivoactive 3 for Xmas. I told me I was trying to decide between it and the forerunner and he decided for me.

Hopefully someone else can take you up on the offer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.