Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

All Things BCS Full and Half

3,403 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chrisfield
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are officially a week away! The weather is shaping up pretty well - mid 40's, light wind, and no precipitation at gun time as of right now.

I know that there are a number of us who are running, so I thought we could get a thread going with roll call, goals, results, etc.

My goal is to come in at 3:45 overall with a 1:55 first half and a 1:50 second half. I think that I have better in me, but I also want to be realistic and not set the bar too high coming in.

I am really nervous - but the good type of nervous, I think - with this being my first full, but I am really looking forward to it, too.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Really excited to host you all. Let me know if I can answer any questions before race day.
wangus12
AG
Carrying a sore knee and focused on Houston. Running the half and carrying Old Glory for Team RWB. Probably aim for 1:50/1:45 as a solid half.
SJEAg
AG
1st marathon as well. Excited and nervous! Actually, feel weird so far this week with the tapering...and feel fat eating more carbs than I usually do.

Happy to see how the weather is shaping up. Trying to decide my attire...thinking shorts and long sleeve tech shirt.

Goal : Think I'd be happy to break 4:15...would love to approach 4hrs. Think I may seek out the 4hr pacer and see what happens.

bushytailed
AG
After running the full the last couple of years, I'm doing the half this year. Somehow I always forget about that last hill on Brentwood until I get there (mile 12.5/25.5).
Stive
AG
This is me.

On most of my longer training runs I've been clipping along around 9 per mile so I'd like to be able to maintain that and finish under 4 hours. That will be my dream goal with 4:15 being my minimum goal.

This is my second full and I've done a 100% better job on training this time around compared to my first.

Looking forward to it!
91_Aggie
AG
I signed up last year for the Half, then hurt my hamstring in October (2016), so I did the defer option. Was in great shape at that time... almost down to my college graduation weight of 185 (at 189).

So for the last year, I got lazy and forgot about it. NO running and eating badly...

Then got an email from the race in Octoberish and thought "Hmmm, I'll just defer again"

Nope... can't defer again.

Last week (Nov 26th) I started "training". Was about 223# then.

Sitting at 215# today... haven't run farther than 6 miles yet.

So, my goal is to finish without hurting myself... going to be slow and a slog... at least the weather looks good.

Probably will average 10+ minute miles.
Swarely
I'm signed up, but rolled my ankle nov 14th. Not sure it's worth risking it to run on.
ptothemo
AG
Looking like upper 30's with a light wind and no precipitation at gun time - can't ask for much better than that if it holds
wangus12
AG
Is it bad that I kinda want the snow to hang around for the race
bushytailed
AG
The weather is going to be perfect! Happy running everyone!
ptothemo
AG
chrisfield said:

Really excited to host you all. Let me know if I can answer any questions before race day.

Does the race tracker online require me to have my phone or is it based on my chip? Looks like the latter but I want to double check. Thanks!
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Chip and timing mats
ptothemo
AG
chrisfield said:

Chip and timing mats

Right on, thank you!
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
You bet. Be sure and introduce yourself at the finish line. I'll be the happy bald guy.
Big Al 1992
AG
Love this race! Doing the half but gonna be ugly - World Series late nights and celebrating took their toll on training!
Stive
AG
Chris, thanks for answering my kid's question at the info table today about the youngest marathoner you guys have had.

Looking forward to tomorrow and thanks again for all of your hard work!

chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
She was great! Run stong tomorrow!
Adam87inSA
AG
I will be running the Half wearing a red Team RWB shirt and toting Old Glory. STOKED.
c-jags
Good luck all. Hope to take a shot at this next year!
wangus12
AG
Good luck Eagle. I'll see you out there.

Totally forgot that a lot of the marathon pacers are from my running club. They are awesome
sims05
AG
In the full I went sub 3

:01.
Best pace I've ever run. Worst tangents. Got in a pack going for sub three and went 2-3 wide and I think that got me. Also walked an aid station at 22. Almost a 4 minute PR but not enough to scare Pilot I'm sure.
sims05
AG
I talked to the guy that did the 4 or 4:20 pacing at the expo. Nice guy. Tell him the guy with the little girl just missed it.
AggieOO
friend of ours won the women's race. had several other friends pacing.
Adam87inSA
AG
Ran the Half at 1:54:06, carrying the US flag. 2:20 off my personal best (w/o the flag), 16th out of 62 males aged 50-54, 20min faster than the first time I flag-ran a half marathon (2017 March Rock & Roll Dallas)
aggiejman
AG
Ran and finished my first Marathon today. Great overall experience in BCS. It was good to be back in Aggieland.
SJEAg
AG
Finished my first ever 26.2 at 3:56...beating my most ambitious goal of breaking 4hr. I would have been satisfied at 4:15 or even slower not knowing what to expect. I started at couch potato and 50lbs heavier just 1 year ago. Couldn't be happier on how things played out.

I hit 13.1 today and saw my split was 4 minutes faster than my recent PR 13.1. I still felt great at the time, but thought to myself "I may regret that". A wall of sorts did indeed hit around Northgate...lost sight of the 3:50 pacer I was hanging around, but watched my back and made sure to stay ahead of the 4:00 guy even with some small walk breaks. Wish I could have enjoyed the run through campus more, but was in some pain at the time. But got a second wind when I saw i was a couple miles out and finished strong!

Kudos to the organizers. I don't have a lot of experience to judge (just three 13.1s before this), but everything seemed exceptionally well run. I look forward to coming back next year!

ptothemo
AG
Congratulations to you and everyone else on great runs!

The 18 mile monster jumped up and kicked my ass this morning. I still don't really know what happened. Ran a really good first half - maybe too quick in hindsight - and felt good overall.....until I didn't. Ended up coming in right at 4:00 with the last five miles just being an absolute struggle. I am still processing everything and want to sleep on it to not jump to too many reactions or conclusions.

The one thing I know for sure is that I have faced the beast that is 26.2. And I'll be back for more.

Congratulations to everyone again, it was a great day to run. Thank you to Chris and so many others for putting on a top notch event.
wangus12
AG
Ran 1:48 half carrying the flag. What a great day to get out and run. Was on pace to go 1:45 but my stomach was trying to force a pit stop so I backed it off a little bit
Stive
AG
PR'd today by about 15 minutes (second marathon) but didn't make my goal of sub 4:00. What an awesome day to run though!

Great job Chris and Dan, and can't wait to do it again.
Adam87inSA
AG
wangus12 said:

Ran 1:48 half carrying the flag. What a great day to get out and run. Was on pace to go 1:45 but my stomach was trying to force a pit stop so I backed it off a little bit
Team RWB tank top?
Field staff 02
Ran my first half today at 2:22. I had a great time and was overwhelmed by the support. Great event! 26.2 next year!
wangus12
AG
Yessir
Adam87inSA
AG
If your graduation year is '12, I feel pretty good about finishing 6min behind you, since you are about the same age as my oldest son.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Loved hosting so many of you. It was a great day.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.