Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Mattress

2,088 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RachAg2007
EnglishElhew07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what are the higher quality mattress brands? What should I be looking for? Our mattress is 8 years old and I am starting to wake up in the morning with a sore back. Any thoughts?
Ragoo
AG
We just ordered a Casper. See how it goes. If it isn't everything I hoped probably going tempurpedic. No more springs for us going forward.
Tailgate88
AG
My wife and I could not be more happy with our Sleep Number bed. Best purchase ever.
10andBOUNCE
AG
We have a Sealy hybrid and love it
trailrunner
AG
If you can find a local manufacturer I recommend at least checking them out. In Fort Worth try the Mattress Factory for example.
bigtruckguy3500
trailrunner said:

If you can find a local manufacturer I recommend at least checking them out. In Fort Worth try the Mattress Factory for example.
The Original Mattress Factory? There's one up here in Virginia that I've looked at. Do you have one? How is it? I need a new mattress. Been debating between on of theirs, or one of the mail order memory foam mattresses.
culdeus
AG
The mattress factory in fort worth makes a really great Latex MF bed. A few years back a King was $1650.

You can get a latex shipped from Casper and Amazon for ~1300 or so, often times quite a bit less but their low end beds are a different material.

I looked into SN beds and didn't really see the cost/benefit, but I can see how the flexibility would be a plus.

I do miss the springy aspects of a coil mattress for bodyweight....exercises in bed....It is a bit more work on a MF bed. Maybe I'll get a special fun bedroom in my next house.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
We ordered a Zinus Hybrid and love it!!
moore42
AG
AGGODDESS said:

We ordered a Zinus Hybrid and love it!!
So, I wanted to buy the Zinus Green Tea from Amazon. Reviews looked positive, but I was just too scared to pull the trigger since it was so cheap. I read and read and bought the Ghostbed instead. The Ghostbed has just been ok, its incredibly stiff (probably 6/10). We came from a pillow top traditional coil spring that was probably a 2/10.

Fast forward a few months and we got my 7yo a new bed set for her birthday and I went ahead and purchased the 12" Zinus Green Tea.

My 7yo now has the best bed in the house. That mattress is PERFECT.

I was skeptical of the price, but dont let that fool you. Zinus is a great mattress, and at that price, you could replace it every year or two and not feel bad about it.
Hoosegow
Sleep number or gtfoh
Class of '94
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Tempurpedic. It is worth every penny...
Bassmaster
AG
Our sleep number was terrible. So bad that we moved it out of our master to the guest bedroom and my parents ended up buying another king mattress for our guest bedroom because they didn't want to sleep on the uncomfortable POS. We have had a Tempurpedic since and it is great.
Premium
AG
Just got a Purple split king with the power base. I'll report back as tonight is the first night with it.
dubi
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

We have a Sealy hybrid and love it
I took my mom mattress shopping and that is the one she liked best.
94chem
Quote:

Our sleep number was terrible.
People actually move when they sleep. How am I supposed to roll over when my bed is shaped like a hairpin? Beds are supposed to be flat. If you don't like that, add a pillow somewhere.
Premium
AG
Premium said:

Just got a Purple split king with the power base. I'll report back as tonight is the first night with it.

Um... first impression was really nice, but I had a lot of pressure points hurting last night. Although it feels soft it was surprisingly hard on me especially when I turned on my side. The only saving thing from it last night was I ended up laying on my back and getting into the zero gravity setting. I hope it's just a break in period and things improve. I'll keep the updates coming.

For reference: 5' 11", 220 lbs
RachAg2007
AG
We ordered the Zinus Green Tea 10 inch in August. Love it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.