Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Free January Camp with Camp Gladiator

5,826 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggietaco
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another free camp cycle with Camp Gladiator is coming up in January. Great start for anyone looking to improve their health for the new year or looking for something different. We have several active CG members on the board that enjoy the community and reap the benefits. For those that aren't familiar, it's an outdoor group fitness class with trainers and locations across the country but primarily in the major Texas markets. You can see locations at campgladiator.com.

CG has been great for me and it started with a similar free camp offering 4 years ago.

https://startstrongreg.campgladiator.com/
CODE: used

Note - I do get some referral account credit if you become a member, and while I would appreciate that, it's not a motivating factor here.

I can also e-mail you a link with the sign-up page if you want to e-mail me (e-mail in profile) or post your e-mail address.
c-jags
a running buddy texted me today and asked if i wanted to CG in January.
wbt5845
AG
I put up a notice for my code on facebook and had a friend jump on it right away. She's already signed up. I need a couple of more referrals for Gold (well, and about another hundred check ins).
Rudyjax
AG
Seriously, if you work out or don't work out, its free unlimited group training with a personal trainer.

Can't go wrong with it.

I'm an affiliate trainer with CG so hit me up with any questions.

Camp Gladiators mission is to impact the physical fitness and ultimately the lives of as many people as possible.

And there is no joke with that.
gvine07
AG
Aggietaco - Do you mind if I share my code on here, too?

I posted on TexAgs previous times I had a code and I always got a couple of emails but nobody ever actually signed up.

*edit code used

I've been doing CG for over 2 years and highly recommend it. If you need to develop healthier habits give it a shot in January! It's for all ages and ability levels.
BAT2007
AG
Unthought Known, do you mind if I ask what area you train in? DFW? Austin? Houston?
I'm a longtime camper in Ft. Worth and would love to swing by a camp of yours at some point of it's even remotely near me!

As for anyone considering or wondering about CG...I concur with what everyone else says above. Even if you aren't sure if it's for you, it's a great way to try it out for free, no strings attached and to get a jump start on your fitness goals that have probably been set for the beginning of the year.

Also, do not let the fact that it might be "cold" deter you from joining. If you are properly layered, you won't even really notice. Most of the time you are de-layering during the warmup. Also, every location has a "bad weather alternate" location that is either covered or indoors to block from rain/sleet/wind, etc.

I'm coming up on year 7 of CG which is pretty big for me because I'm not actually a fan of working out in general (as in, I'm not your gym rat that is motivated enough to go get a workout in on their own). I love the trainers and the group workouts...and that's what has kept me going back for all of these years!
Rudyjax
AG
Flower Mound. But I'm doing a callmp in Colleyville December 145th.
Aggietaco
AG
Unthought Known said:

Flower Mound. But I'm doing a call in Colleyville December 145th.
Is that like April 24th?
Aggietaco
AG
Obviously not, share away!

Like I said, I could use the referrals, but I don't really care. I pay my money and workout with my friends, everything else is ancillary.
BAT2007
AG
Flower Mound is a little bit of a drive, haha, but Colleyville is possible!!
Rudyjax
AG
5am Market Street on 26. David Pino is the primary there. He's the ex longhorn kicker but one hell of a guy. Who am I kidding. All the trainers are.
BAT2007
AG
5....in the morning? You sure about that? :p

I've always admired the early birds at camps, I'm more of an evening time gal most days, haha

But I do agree with ya, all of the trainers are great! I hope that CG is going well for you as a partner trainer!
Rudyjax
AG
I'm still an affiliate. I have a 20 year career that supports my family. CG training is a hobby that makes me a little extra money.

Well, if you really want to come out out, I'm doing some evening camps on the 13th and 14th in Flo Mo.
BAT2007
AG
Ooops, sorry...affiliate trainer!! That's awesome though!

Maybe one of these days I can make my way up to FloMo to workout with another TexAger!!
Rudyjax
AG
I typically don't do evening workouts, but I'll let you know if I do an evening workout closer to FtW.
Aggietaco
AG
Bump. This is the last week of the 2017 camp cycle, but CG is having their "bold week" extended through Christmas. Supposed to be for membership campers, but I'm sure you won't get any flak if you're registered through this deal and want to get an early start on the New Year.
pasquale
AG
I'm looking for a Cypress camp to join. Anybody want me to use their referral code when i sign up?
Aggietaco
AG
Sure, use the one in the OP and I'll mark it used.

CG058663
Rudyjax
AG
I have one if anyone needs it.
DavidAg02
Unthought Known said:

I'll take one please! davidag02@gmail.com
Rudyjax
AG
DavidAg02 said:

Unthought Known said:

I'll take one please! davidag02@gmail.com

Gotcha. You have to use my email address tho.
Swarely
Are the codes region specific?

Like any of these would work in Austin?
Rudyjax
AG
Codes are good anywhere
wbt5845
AG
Still looking for someone to use my code.

Code: CG256666
My e-mail: william_tillotson AT yahoo.com

And my trainer said if someone tries to use your code after it's been used, the system just says "hey what's your e-mail and we'll send you another code".
Aggietaco
AG
Swarely said:

Are the codes region specific?

Like any of these would work in Austin?
Where in Austin? I'm always happy to host or join any Ags at a workout somewhere around town.
Swarely
Out near Bergstrom.
88planoAg
AG
How does this compare to crossfit? Any weight training?
wbt5845
AG
88planoAg said:

Monday, Thursday and Saturday are weight days. It is similar to CrossFit in a lot of ways, but almost always outdoors with dumbbells.
Aggietaco
AG
wbt5845 said:

88planoAg said:

Monday, Thursday and Saturday are weight days. It is similar to CrossFit in a lot of ways, but almost always outdoors with dumbbells.
This is atypical.

Weight use depends on the trainer and the week of the camp you are in. Each cycle is broken into 4 weeks to help work on a particular area of fitness: endurance, strength and agility, interval, and peak with a "bold" week of workouts separating each camp cycle. I almost always use dumbbells in each of my workouts each week, but during the strength weeks, my trainer usually have heavier weights, up to 60# dumbbells to use for certain activities. Otherwise, you choose which weights you use and work around those from 3 and 5 pound weights for some of the real beginners, up to 35 pounds dumbbells for some of the regulars I work out with.

Other than your dumbbells and the occasional heavy weights, sandbells, and tires that the trainers supply, we don't use barbells or anything.
Aggietaco
AG
Swarely said:

Out near Bergstrom.
Yeesh...

There's not a whole lot of camps around you, but I'd be glad to meet you at one.
Rudyjax
AG
Monday Thursday Saturday weights is a DFW/Houston thing.

Aggietaco
AG
Unthought Known said:

Monday Thursday Saturday weights is a DFW/Houston thing.

10-4. Now that you mention it, the camp I visited in Waco was the same way.
AgEng06
AG
88planoAg said:

In my opinion, they are pretty different. Both have cardio and strength aspects and share some of the same exercises (mostly the bodyweight exercises), but that's about it.
88planoAg
AG
Thanks for the replies. I might give it a try.
Rudyjax
AG
88planoAg said:

Thanks for the replies. I might give it a try.

It's free for the month. You can't go wrong. I have another coach if you need one.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.