Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Having LASIK done today

1,728 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RockOn
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mainly because of trail running and fumbling with prescription glasses/sunglasses.

Hope it goes well!
Madmarttigan
AG
I would suggest taking the ibuprofen and benadryl to sleep ASAP after the procedure. It started burning or hurting for me pretty quickly afterwards but after I fell asleep felt perfectly fine when I woke up.
P.U.T.U
AG
I took a Valium before like they said and it burned too much to really open my eyes for more than a few seconds. Killed three taquitos blindly on the way home and slept for two hours. That was enough for my eyes to recover.

Another note if you have allergies pick up something like Alaway, before the drops I had 20/40 vision, after I had 20/20. No eye doctor before then ever suggested allergy drops for my chronic dry eyes
RockOn
I've heard of the scratchy/gritty feeling after. I do plan to sleep right after i get home.

I've not had any dry eye issues before, so not sure what to expect there.
RockOn
I've been meticulous with keeping my eyes and hands clean and doing the pro op eye drops
RockOn
Haven't worked out or done any yard work in a week etc.
BlueMiles
AG
How are you doing?
P.U.T.U
AG
Blind, hasn't learned how to type without being able to see...actually I don't think modern people have that issue
jack3d14
i was thinking about getting lasik myself, my eyesight is complete crap
P.U.T.U
AG
Best investment I ever made
RockOn
I lived and can see haha. Vision tested out at 20/20 the following morning. It's awesome.

Car headlights at night are showing the halo/starburst effect but it's not terrible. Hopefully it diminishes.

Just trying to stay up on all my eye drops. Durezol is every two hours and moxifloxacin is 4x a day. I'm using clear eyes anytime in between there.
P.U.T.U
AG
Try Systane ultra drops if you do not like what you are using now, those seemed to work better for my wife and I.
aggiesed8r
AG
Halos will go away with time.
Ragoo
AG
RockOn said:

I lived and can see haha. Vision tested out at 20/20 the following morning. It's awesome.

Car headlights at night are showing the halo/starburst effect but it's not terrible. Hopefully it diminishes.

Just trying to stay up on all my eye drops. Durezol is every two hours and moxifloxacin is 4x a day. I'm using clear eyes anytime in between there.
what was the experience like during the actual procedure?

I get a nervous twitch in the right side of my neck when I am intently trying to sit still. That alone concerns me about getting the procedure done.
Seven Costanza
AG
The computer tracks movement of your eye thousands of time per second and adjusts accordingly at amazing speed. If your eye twitches wildly the laser will just stop until your eye gets back in line.
P.U.T.U
AG
They made me to a Valium, well two before my procedure to calm any nerves I may have. Not sure if it actually did anything
agz win
AG
I'm getting procedure on Friday with Mike Mann at Berkeley. $3,500 for both eyes through end of month.

Anyone one get the "blended" variety with one eye near and one far visioned?
jack3d14
how long was the procedure and what did it feel like during it
KidDoc
AG
I had mine done in 2004. Went from 20/200 to 20/20 overnight. Very minor procedure with minimal discomfort. It is well worth it if your eyes are suitable.

Now I'm 45 so just need reading glasses for upclose and small writing. Just the cheap ones that are +1.00 or so.

IMO Lasik is the closest thing to a real medical miracle. It is life changing if your eye sight is awful like mine was. I was needing -4.00 and -5.00 lenses.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agdoc2001
AG
RockOn said:

Holy ****. That is way too much Durezol.

Also, don't use clear eyes or visine. They are bad for you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agz win
AG
jack3d14 said:

how long was the procedure and what did it feel like during it

Whole event was less than two and a half hours. Actual procedure was less than fifteen minutes.

My flaps wrinkled so they fixed and placed protective lenses on both eyes. I got blended vision and near vision is still foggy and not in focus.
RockOn
That dosage was only for the first 2 days. It tapers off quickly to 4x a day, 3x , 2x etc.
RockOn
Sorry, to clarify I'm using the single use preservative free Refresh Optive eye drops

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.