Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Pre Workout

4,319 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Boo Weekley
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have a recommendation for a pre workout? I've been fairly pleased with mine but wouldn't mind branching out. TIA.
Hoosegow
Gummy bears.
Class of '94
AggieOO
Hoosegow said:

Gummy bears.
from colorado.
10andBOUNCE
AG
My preworkout consists of PurePump linked below as well as creatine HCL.

https://dovitamins.com/products/purepump
StickTogetherAgs
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
C4..
Hoosegow
Badger milk
Class of '94
Presley OBannons Sword
Cocaine
DavidAg02
Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy... just caffeine and aminos, that's it. Mixes up very well. TONS of different flavors, most of them really good.

No creatine, which is a plus for me, but may be a negative for some.
94DallasAG
AG
Coffee - black
lima bean
AG
nature's bakery bars! fig and lemon flavor are my favorite.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

Cocaine

Are you a personal trainer? If so, how much do you charge?

Asking for a friend.
Presley OBannons Sword
Junkhead said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

Cocaine

Are you a personal trainer? If so, how much do you charge?

Asking for a friend.
yes. first session is free.
Brock Sampson
AG
DavidAg02 said:

Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy... just caffeine and aminos, that's it. Mixes up very well. TONS of different flavors, most of them really good.

I use this occasionally. Not bad.

Also use Six Star Explosion from Walmart. Not bad for the price.
P.U.T.U
AG
Just whatever you do don't be one of those people that uses the excuse for not having a good workout or skipping a workout since you didn't take your preworkout.

I find I have more consistent workouts off of preworkouts. I sometimes use coffee but mostly just my normal diet, that includes fasting before some workouts
AgEng06
AG
I use Optimum Amino Energy as well and like it. I even use it for a pick-me-up on weekends and such. It makes me much less jittery than C4.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

Tried that once and thought I was going to die... Most I will do is drink a cup of coffee or green tea.
Broncos
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I have used C4 for a long time but recently switched to Advocare's Pre-Workout from their fit line and love it.. I like I can stash packets in my bag, car, etc. I can tell a difference using it vs. the C4 (in a good way).
CTGilley
AG
Depends on what you are looking for. Jyms is the best. A little pricy but for what you get it is not that bad. I have never got much out of C4. There are some others that I have tried that work great but probably are not the safest. There was a lot of things pulled from the shelves about 4 years ago.
P.U.T.U
AG
What no one has mentioned Ultimate Orange? Not sure what flavor they were going for but if an orange had a butt that's what it tasted like
bmks270
AG
Emergen-C,
Coffee,
Or
Gatorade during my workout...
but most times nothing at all.

Supplements are overrated, pre-workouts are the least essential part of a program.

1. Show up
2. Sleep
3. Eat
4. Take supplements
5. Take pre workout

Maybe if you needed peak performance for some competition a pre workout helps your goals, but you don't need supplements and stimulants every workout for general health and fitness and longevity or aesthetics.

Surprised I haven't seen Redbull listed. I know that stuff gets me going.
Hoosegow
Let me fix that for you:
1. Show up
2. Eat correctly
3. Sleep

That's all you need. Supplements and pre-workout are for lining the pockets of shady companies
Class of '94
10andBOUNCE
AG
Companies that make a product containing BCAAs, creatine and caffeine are shady?

I'm sorry not all of us can...

Swarely
Back when I drank caffeine I would take Assault by Muscle Pharm. Stuff was like butane in my veins.
Hoosegow
Yah advertising food as anything other than food is shady.

Where do you find branch chain amino acids?
Where do you find creatine?
And caffeine, what's wrong with a coke or a cup of coffee? Do you need an overpriced energy drink for that?

Waste your money if you want. That's your choice. I'm just speaking truth. Taking C4 does nothing for you that you can't get from a lot cheaper regular food and won't get you to pizzing excellence.
Class of '94
P.U.T.U
AG
Preworkouts give you expensive piss and who knows what's in them (seriously). If you need a pick me up work on your diet or maybe have tea or coffee. Heck Nodoz will work the same as all this fancy stuff and cost pennies.

There are so many other things you can work that will be better off for you than a preworkout supplement. Eat right, sleep some, don't drink that often, and put the work in. There are no shortcuts to getting in shape, put in the dang work and stop wasting your money
Broncos
A lot of haters in here.

I think we can all agree that different things work for different people/goals.

I cycle pre-workout every few weeks. I do notice that my strength and endurance increase during my on cycle. It may be placebo but if it works, it works.
P.U.T.U
AG
It's not my money
BubbleScreenLover
DavidAg02 said:

I second this
10andBOUNCE
AG
Finally going to try XCITE from athleanX after following a bunch of Jeff's stuff.

What's the deal with some preferring no creatine? What side effects are y'all dealing with?
CTGilley
AG
It depends on your goals. Creatine will help with increase strength but will also dehydrate you if not consuming enough water. You will also gain water weight.

Many believe it should only be consumed through natural foods but I personally believe enough research has been done now to show it is a safe supplement.
P.U.T.U
AG
CTGilley said:

It depends on your goals. Creatine will help with increase strength but will also dehydrate you if not consuming enough water. You will also gain water weight.
Dehydrate you if you are not consuming enough water? That is just called dehydration since you are not drinking enough water. Water weight depends on the person, some gain a lot some nothing.
jack3d14
you could supplement with pwo supplements but i find that they work best if you have a pre workout meal https://www.samedaysupplements.com/blog/healthy-diet-recipes-protein/pre-workout-snack-or-pre-workout-meal/
rshackelford
AG
It's been mentioned but I'll echo it. Your goals will really decide what preworkout you use. There are many kinds. Do you want a single supplement that bundles in your creatine, BA, vasodilators? Do you just want something to give you lots of energy? How sensitive are you to caffeine? There isn't a single best preworkout.

Everyone will SWEAR by their own brand they choose, but honestly, learn what the ingredients are, what their clinical effective doses are, and source your preworkout based on that. Not on hype or advertisements.

Spend some time on examine.com and see what ingredients are actually shown to do some good, and what really doesn't have much testing done and relies heavily on "may improve this or that".

The three preworkouts I like the most based on their overall ingredient profile, full label disclosure, and ones that ACTUALLY PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE DOSE are:

Pre-Kaged
Nutrabio Pre (or pre-extreme)
C4 Ultimate (only the ultimate, all other c4's are trash to be honest)

Those three avoid having "proprietary blends" which don't tell you how much of what is in them so you don't know if you're actually getting the correct dose. The Pre-Kaged and Nutra Bio are also competitively priced as well for how many servings you get, and how heavily dosed they are, especially with citrulline.

In a preworkout I like one that helps enhance pumps and that will get me my daily dose of creatine and beta alanine (I also take those separately alone on days I don't take a PWO).

If you simply want an energy boost, any caffeine source will work and you don't need to be spending the amount of money a crap preworkout costs just to get an energy boost. Or...If you're looking for a strong energy boost, don't care about pumps or creatine, and aren't sensitive to caffeine, there are several DMAA containing preworkouts available like Blackstone Labs Dust extreme. Be careful though, you can fail a drug screen when taking DMAA as it will cause a false positive for amphetamine tests since it's closely related. Use at your own risk.

Hope that helps
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.