Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Goodbye Austin 70.3 Hello Waco 70.3

2,452 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Phat32
gd28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Word on the street is that Austin 70.3 is set to be put out of its misery and will be replaced by an Ironman branded 70.3 in Waco. Some Waco race organizers have chimed in on a slowtwitch thread and confirmed. Looks like the swim and run will essentially be the same as tri Waco with the run being 2 laps. Should be a completely different bike course.

It's sad that they couldn't do the city of Austin justice with the race they put on. There is so much potential to organize an amazing triathlon in that town but what they came up with was kind of pitiful. Waco should be a great race but good lord if those hills are included twice on the run that will be tough.
Hincemm
AG
glad to hear...austin was one of my least favorite races (and i agree it could have been great)

austin should be going away...but keep in mind it's still up on wtc site as tbd for 2018
wcb
AG
I did Austin once. No interest in going back.

I've done Waco (sprint and OLY) numerous times. Love the course there.

Everything about this is good. Except the thought of two rounds through Cameron Park. Ugh.
Phat32
AG
Two rounds up those hills.
gd28
AG
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2017/11/waco-announcement.aspx#axzz4yY0SIWLR

looks like it's official
dilben
wcb
AG
rasher said:

Two rounds up those hills.
From the web site:
Quote:

After a quick, flat start out of T2, you will enter the gem of Waco, historic Cameron Park, encountering a short, punchy climb at mile 1.5, quickly ending at mile 3...The hill will meet you again at mile 8, ending at 11...
Sounds

lovely
P.U.T.U
AG
That sounds awesome, hills are fun and even better when you get to burn all the people that smoked themselves too early
Phat32
AG
Who's in? Hotel are already gone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.