Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Any dudes try pilates?

863 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ddub96
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm board and need a new routine. Would love to get some feedback on pilates. Thanks!
aznaggiegirl07
AG
not a dude, but...

I did pilates reformer once, and never again...

I have bad c-spine issues...made it worse...
BoDog
AG
bored, not board.... (its early)
K Bo
AG
I tried it twice a few years ago (not reformer) and it kicked my a. It's a heck of a different kind of workout. I'm pretty sure I blacked out for a few seconds the first time I did it and both times a [different] woman ended up just laying face down on the floor halfway through. Doesn't hurt to try it once.
BoDog
AG
Hell, after K Bo's review I'm scared to try it....
Big Cat `93
AG
I've wondered about this, too. I tried yoga a few times last year but was completely hopeless at all the poses on one leg. Couldn't keep my balance at all.
aggiederelict
If you suck at something and it doesn't give you pain, then you should probably do it. I have done Pilates off and on, and while difficult, it can be such a great workout.

The best instructors I have found were older women who used to be ballet dancers. They have so much experience with seeing movement.
wcb
AG
I've tried the P90X pilates videos. Really liked them.

P90X Yoga? Not so much.
Hoosegow
I'm not near tough enough to endure Pilates.
Class of '94
bam02
AG
Never pilates, but I have tried to make a yoga class at the gym when I can. I like yoga when I am lifting heavy as an off-day activity.
ddub96
AG
Big fan of Pilates. Have done 1 day a week for several years now. Long stretching type movements along with a lot of core work. Also you get some good use of hip and shoulder joints.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.