Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

First day at the gym.

1,106 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RockOn
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I joined a gym that is part of a hospital system very close to work so that I could workout over lunch. They have a 1/8th mile indoor running/walking track, great facilities and a food court. Perfect.

Today was my first day... I'm running in outside lane, designated according to the signs for runners. The wider inside lane is reserved for walkers.

I guessss the sign does not designate where the middle aged lady doing barbell lunges should go. She chose the outside running lane I passed her 7 times.

Going to the gym is great entertainment.
94DallasAG
AG
Need Rule 1 to determine if this is, in fact, an abuse of gym etiquette...
Presley OBannons Sword
Quote:

a 1/8th mile indoor running/walking track
shoot me in the face before making me run laps on a track that small. holy *****
c-jags
Presley OBannons Sword said:

Quote:

a 1/8th mile indoor running/walking track
shoot me in the face before making me run laps on a track that small. holy *****
i have a concrete loop at the park beside my house that's almost exactly a quarter mile. i can only do that if i want to do some sprint work. a 1/8 loop sounds miserable.
BlueSmoke
At least you're actually running, not being semi-propelled at a determined speed by a mechanical belt.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
RockOn
It's really not so bad. Builds mental toughness. You pass by all the different workout stations and see all the different people.

I think one day I'll do a half marathon or something on the track.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.