Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Sketchers Running Shoes

563 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieOO
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been hesitant to try Sketchers and Under Armour since they're relatively new to running shoes. But I found myself in the Sketchers outlet store last week, and tried some on. The GoRun 400s, I think. Out of the box, they were super comfortable, but I was still skeptical since they were $50.

I bought them anyway, and have worn them 4 times, for runs of 3 - 6 miles. So far, not too bad. Actually, really comfortable. They're like a cushioned, but pretty light weight trainer. They felt great after 3 miles, and still good at 6. I'm not sure how they'll feel at 9-10+ miles, or how long they'll hold up, but they certainly do the trick for shorter runs.

For comparison, the Brooks Ghost has been my go-to for the last few years.

tl;dr, my $50 Sketchers are pretty decent.
Aggietaco
AG
I tried a pair of their GoRun ultra 2s? a while back and ended up returning them to Running Warehouse because I had problems with hill slip and just poor overall fit. I seem to recall them being hot for a while but I haven't heard much about any of their offerings lately. However, I've been off my running game for a while so I still have a few pairs in boxes waiting to see some daylight.
JHUAggie
I blame Sketchers for my stress reaction that took me out of running for 2.5 months this summer

I switched from Adidas Boost shoes to Sketchers. I thought they were comfortable and actually liked them. I even bought another pair after a few runs in them I liked them that much. Wore them for several training runs and then ran a half marathon in them (less than 200 miles on the shoes) then couldn't run after the half marathon. Yes I've trained for plenty of half marathons before.

Granted, if it were Nike, or Brooks, or Adidas, or Hoka, etc. that I had switched to, I'd blame those shoes as well. For now Sketchers gets my blame and I won't return to them for a while. Probably should just blame my age.
bigtruckguy3500
I tried on some sketchers shoes and I felt like they had a lot of cushioning, memory foam inside, etc. I didn't buy them, but I think what happens sometimes is with a lot of cushioning, your foot kind of relaxes into bad habits and you do things that may cause injury.
AggieOO
their road shoes are apparently fairly solid. I've never tried them, but have several friends that swear by them. The guys who designed their road shoes are the same guys who developed Nike Free. Skechers hired them away.

their trail shoes are AWFUL. My wife and I both have had bad experiences with them, and on different versions. We got them free, and I still feel like I got ripped off.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.