Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

NEED HELP! Good workout for Newbie (and out of shape Ag)on Stationary Bike?

580 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NPH-
NPH-
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just now getting back into the fitness game, really the last two years I've let myself go and it's been downhill from there. I've got a stationary bike at the house with I guess magnetic resistance or some ****, but don't really have a gauge on what I need to do or what's best to start shredding weight/fat. I am eating tremendously better than before and trying to start Keto, but could use some direction from the experts. After Keto I'm really going to focus on portion control and calories in/out.

I've also got a Norditrac elliptical machine right next to it, so if there is some combo workout I can do I'm all about it.

Thanks guys.
NPH-
Presley OBannons Sword
get up earlier.
NPH-
AG
Thank you for that tremendously informative reply.
wcb
AG
I'd try some intervals on the bike. Do you have a heart rate monitor? That will be the best way to gauge your efforts. Figure out what your HR zones are and then do 2-4 minute intervals in z3 or z4 with recoveries of the same time. Think of it as something like this...

P.U.T.U
AG
30 minutes 3 times a week of 80% effort. Start doing 1 min on/1 min break and work up to 7-8 minutes on, 1 minute off. For health this is the level shown to be beneficial.

Doesn't matter what you do for health but I would mix it up with bike, running, burpees, pushups, etc. For overall health it is hard to go wrong with burpees plus they work everything
NPH-
AG
Thanks wcb and P.U.T.U. for the helpful replies. I do have a heart rate monitor so that be a great thing to keep track of.

And yeah, PUTU I'm mixing it up with pushups, dips, an crunches, an roller and other things to start shaping things that need a little bit of extra attention.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.