Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Half-marathon only 12.4 today...

1,143 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sooner Born
Ag Eng 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was the pacer for the 2:00 group for the 4 Bridges half marathon this morning. About mile 10, my watch (and those around me) started having a discrepancy with the mile markers. Sure enough, it only registered 12.4. I felt so bad for my crew of people chasing a PR or trying to get that accomplishment. We were on pace to finish in 1:59, so I'm sure they can feel good about that. Just weird that the course could be mismarked so badly.
Rudyjax
AG
Wow. Rare when a watch reads less than the official markers. I guess it'll look good on Athlinks
Sooner Born
Was it a certified course?
wbt5845
AG
Sooner Born said:

Was it a certified course?
According to their website, yes.

http://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TN16006BW
Sooner Born
Does your GPS match the course?
Ag Eng 92
AG
Turnaround at MLK was put at the wrong place (Main St). The mile markers were matching my watch until mile 9 (as if they were measuring as they went), but marker 10 onward were wrong (as if checked backward from the finish).

Full was 0.63 miles too long! Unbelievable mistakes. These are the third marathon/half-marathon mistakes made in the last 3 years in Chattanooga.
Sooner Born
Ouch. Not even the first time it's happened to this race...

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2017/oct/15/miscalculation-leaves-7-bridges-marathon-long-4-bridges-half-marathon-short/454564/

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.