Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anyone in the San Jose Area?

530 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by johnmyu
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross posted on Around the Nation.....

I will be out there for work this coming week and am trying to get a feel for what the air quality is like. I have found the rating online, but I don't know exactly how those numbers apply. I am just assuming that I will not be running outside next week. I have about a half mile walk one way from the hotel to the office each day and am not sure if I need to make plans to uber rather than walk. Any help or guidance from someone on the ground there will be greatly appreciated.
coop-aero-06
AG
I'm over on the other side of the Sierra in Reno. We've had a few bad smoke days from the Bay Area fires, plus we've had several of our own fires this summer and fall.

I don't run outdoors when there's smoke around. I'll usually just hit the treadmill at work. If the smoke is so bad down there that you can still smell it indoors, then I wouldn't bother running at all.
ptothemo
AG
Thank you for the information - this whole fire thing is completely new to me.

I hadn't even thought about the possibility of not running indoors. The thought of potentially losing a few days of training sucks, but it's better than getting sick right now. I feel sorry for the client I am meeting with if I can't run - I'm going to be like a hamster on crack during the day without that in the mornings.
johnmyu
I'm in San Jose. Air quality has been bad - indoors and out. Smoke is noticeable. Pretty much a contant haze. I've skipped on heavy aerobic activities - been bad enough just normal breathing. Most of my office is coughing a bit and lots of burning red eyes.
johnmyu
Looks like it's clearing a bit

https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&cityid=317
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.