Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cycling Saddles

1,880 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TurboVelo
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recommendations for a saddle that won't cut off blood flow to the twig and berries?
wcb
AG
You talking road bike or tri bike? I've had good luck w/ the Adamo Road on my tri bike. I have an Adamo TimeTrial if you want to try it out.
P.U.T.U
AG
Get fit first, after that it is all trial and error. My road bike and tri bike saddles were nothing alike due to the different positions.
AggieOO
i'm a fan of Cobb, but its like running shoes. Everyone will be different.
Ragoo
AG
okay, thanks for the input. I am using a road bike right now.

I will snap a picture of the one I have currently this evening and then go from there.
Dill-Ag13
AG
+1 on the Adamo. If you are new to cycling it will take several months to really be comfortable.
Absolute
AG
Make sure not to skimp on the bike shorts. They make a huge difference as well.
Ragoo
AG
Ive been wearing regular gym shorts and boxer briefs.
jejdag
+1 for Cobb, but also +1 on some good bike shorts or bibs
88planoAg
AG
Ragoo said:

Ive been wearing regular gym shorts and boxer briefs.
Not sure if serious. If you are, don't do that anymore. Shorts are just as important as saddle. Don't go to Academy or others like that either. Buy quality shorts, go ahead and spend the $$. Totally worth it.
Ragoo
AG
Sadly I was serious. During my tri events I've just worn my jammers. Looks like I will swing by the shop after work.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Another vote for a good pair of cycling shorts. More important to me than the seat. I don't wear the spandex shorts though. I have several nice pairs of Fox baggie shorts with a well padded under liner. Don't skimp on your shorts.

Apparently it won't allow me to spell bagg y.
Absolute
AG
Ragoo said:

Sadly I was serious. During my tri events I've just worn my jammers. Looks like I will swing by the shop after work.
Guessing this is the biggest part of the problem. +1 for not going to Academy. Spend the money at a bike shop, you will not regret it at all.

SteveA
AG
I've been cycling for years, and only recently got my butt measured. New saddle has made a world of difference.
claym711
AG
In terms of comfort? Any performance?
P.U.T.U
AG
Fit is important since numbness and discomfort can cause you to move around on your saddle. A good pair of padded shorts makes a big difference on a road bike as well (I got used to my tri bike and could do 80 mile rides with no padding).

Cobb, Adamo, Fizik are good starting places. I liked Fizik on my road bike and Adamo split nose on my tri bike
SteveA
AG
Comfort. Especially on races like Ouachita or the BT Epic, where I'm on the bike for more then 4 hours. Before, toward the end, It sucked to stand because my legs were tired, but it was worse to sit, after being on the thing for so long.
txags92
AG
+1 for Adamo/ISM. I went through about 4 or 5 saddles before trying the ISM prologue and I can't believe what a difference it has made in my comfort level.
Phat32
AG
Fabric
agcivengineer
AG
Use a hard ball to roll on as well. It will loosen muscles and allow feeling. A few months ago i couldnt get loose around my butt regardless of the crazy stretching and i lost feeling in my legs while riding. The hard ball rolling fixed it.
TurboVelo
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Get fit first, after that it is all trial and error. My road bike and tri bike saddles were nothing alike due to the different positions.
Completely agree with the first part. A good fit, a little trial and error, and the right shorts (bibs) are everything. I was having some numbness issue, and finally discovered it was the brand of shorts and not the saddles.

I have a little different approach on saddles. My Road, TT, CX, Tandem, and Track bikes all have the same model saddle. Only my MTB has a different saddle (big and cushy).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.