Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Spectrum Trail Racing - Fall '17, Spring '18 - trail running & MTB

10 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieOO
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did one of these last year and answered a lot of questions on the series. I didn't get it done prior to the kickoff, but figured it was worth it to get an informational post up for this season's schedule. We have added two mountain bike races this year!

full disclosure: I run for the Spectrum Racing Team (as the token slow guy), and I'm the RD for Saddle Blazer. I only volunteer and run at the other races, but can usually get info/discount codes.

Sky Island - 25K/50K SOLD OUT - plus, it was last weekend. This race is amazing.

Rawhide - 10.7.17 - Flat Rock Ranch (Comfort, Tx) 50 miler, 26.2, 13.1, 10K
10.8.17 MTB Race 26.2, 13.1 NEW

Wonderland - 11.4.17 - Muleshoe Bend 26.2, 13.1, 10K
11.5.17 - MTB Race 26.2, 13.1 NEW

The Game - NEW 11.25.17 location TBD. 5K course, last man standing

The Circus - 12.9.17 McKinney Roughs 12 hour solo/relay, 30K, 10K

Goodwater - 1.27.17 Lake Georgetown 52.4 solo/relay, 26.2, 16 mile, 8 mile

Saddle Blazer 2.24.18 - Parrie Haynes Equestrian Center 100K, 26.2, 13.1, 10K (dogs allowed)

www.spectrumtrailracing.com

Here are some promo videos:

Saddle Blazer:
https://vimeo.com/157759811

Rawhide:
https://vimeo.com/140804668

Wonderland:

The Circus

questions? Fire away!
c-jags
what time do most of the races start? specifically the 10ks. asking for a friend that doesn't run halfs.
AggieOO
Depends on the time of year and the venue, but generally 8/8:30a
c-jags
ahhh.. that might put me out. myself and 2 guys i run trails with have kids with soccer games on Saturday mornings.

i'll compare dates. thanks for answering!
Sooner Born
I'm going to try to do a longer distance at Saddle Blazer next year. I'm signed up for the Houston Marathon on 1/14 so if I do anything other than a 10k it will be a true jog but that's such a fun race, I don't see myself missing it.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

questions? Fire away!

Yea, who's that good looking guy in the Aggie hat at 1:00 in your Saddle Blazer video?

Still bummed about missing Sky Island, but I'm committed to the relay at Goodwater and will run the full at your race again. Just need to find some time to train...
AggieOO
Rawhide is this weekend. Bama is going to crush us, so why not come run instead?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.