Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Resistance Band(s) Recommendation?

606 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ptothemo
ptothemo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking to start mixing up my strength training and am thinking that the use of resistance bands might be a good option to do so. I have never been big on going to the gym, so most of my workouts occur in the garage. I want to add another level to that but don't know that the investment in free weights or more heavy duty equipment is what I am looking for. Most of my training is concentrated on core and lower body to supplement my running and for injury prevention. I am not worried about bulk or anything along those lines.

Does anyone have any recommendations on resistance band(s) and/or good workout programs that I might could follow? I googled both things and am a bit overwhelmed by everything that I am seeing, so I am hopeful that I might get some easier to digest information or recommendation from folks with direct experience.
ptothemo
AG
Bump to the top for the weekend crowd
Hoosegow
I really am not sure what you are looking for.
Class of '94
BanditoGold
AG
I have tried various resistance bands in the past, without liking many of them. However, I added a small workout area to my mancave and bought Bodylastics brand bands, based on very positive online reviews. The reviews were accurate and I've been using them now for almost 9 months. They have held up very well, I can get a nice full body workout, and their website has good video tutorials.
ptothemo
AG
Very cool, thank you for the information.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.