Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Pinch nerve in shoulder - Go to Chiro?

800 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rudyjax
culdeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I did something stupid this weekend in the yard and twisted my left shoulder in a odd way. At first I thought I strained it, but now have symptoms more of a pinched nerve. Doesn't hurt at all anymore.

Should I just wait this out or go see a doctor or chiropractor?

Having periodic numbness in forearm and fingers and down the medial nerve. Nothing too bad, but more annoying.
Rudyjax
AG
I would go to an orthot or Arrosti before a chiro.
aggiederelict
Airrosti is almost all chiros so going to Airrosti is going to chiro. Their focus is different than traditional chiros with an emphasis on soft tissue work.

I am biased but I would see a good physical therapist in your area after seeing a doctor.
Rudyjax
AG
aggiederelict said:

Airrosti is almost all chiros so going to Airrosti is going to chiro. Their focus is different than traditional chiros with an emphasis on soft tissue work.

I am biased but I would see a good physical therapist in your area after seeing a doctor.
True, but Arrosti isn't going to crack your back then tell you that you need to come back every week for the rest of your life.

A good PT is actually the best idea after seeing an MD.
CoolaidWade
AG
Also a decent chance it'll fix itself in a week or so.
The Pilot
AG
Just like you have bad ones, there are good ones out there too. I've had great experiences with chiropractors and some terrible ones with MDs, specifically orthos.
culdeus
AG
Already feel like it's 95% better and haven't done anything about it.

Rudyjax
AG
Rest is amazing isn't it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.