Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Pregnancy Book for Dads?

1,570 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MrsHouston98
3rd and 2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you have recommendations for a good pregnancy books for soon-to-be dads? There's so many out there, I thought it'd be good to ask here.
aggiederelict
We read Baby 411 by Dr. Ari Brown. I found knowing what would happen after the baby was born much more helpful. I think she has a pregnancy book as well.

She is now our pediatrician here in Austin. Very informative book that is nice and pragmatic.
mrsbeer05
AG
It's not a dad specific book, but we really liked the Baby 411 series. Clear info, presented all sides, easy to look up stuff.
Hoosegow
How To Find Things To Do In The Garage
(and other things to do to appear productive)
Class of '94
P.U.T.U
AG
Eric Brown wrote this about raising boys but lessons can be learned from both as it deals a lot with what fathers should do. One of the few books I plan on reading once a year as a reminder. Gave it to friends and other family members and they have recommended it to their friends. It is not your standard parenting book (the f-bomb is dropped a few times) and it is not going to walk you through steps on being a good parent. Just principles and helps you handle different situations.

Raising Men
AggieT
AG
Hoosegow said:

Nailed it.

My wife finally caught on and I started getting in trouble for "mowing the lawn" and "grilling dinner".
O.G.
Hoosegow said:

This. All Day.
dave99ag
AG
We have Baby 411, but I just searched TexAgs and YouTube.
rshackelford
AG
The backlash when coming back inside from said garage time isn't worth it most the time
Presley OBannons Sword
pregnant dads? take it to the politics board.
TxAggieGirl08
AG
Not Dad specific, but Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Weissbluth has been a great book for us and our almost 15 month old. It may not be for everyone, but it really helped us.
Wife is an Aggie
AggieT said:

Hoosegow said:

Nailed it.

My wife finally caught on and I started getting in trouble for "mowing the lawn" and "grilling dinner".

Crazy how funny/true this is for me as well.

Aggietaco
AG
Wife's friend gifted me a good dad book last week, I've found it to be helpful and fairly entertaining. Quick read without a lot of in depth stuff. We have the Baby 411 books, but I haven't cracked one open yet with our 2 month old.

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Prepared-Gary-Greenberg/dp/0743251547
MrsHouston98
Find an app to open every few weeks. Pregnancy is beautiful, yada yada but once baby is born you won't be reading so get ahead now. I agree on the sleep books. Read up on sleeping stuff now so when you are all sleep deprived you have some sort of base knowledge already.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.