Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Any vegans here?

1,733 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cancelled
Your Friend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I watched What The Health on Netflix (twice) and apparently an all plant-based diet basically makes you invincible. I'd like to give it a try for 2 weeks. Anyone try it?
P.U.T.U
AG
Do a search as there was a post recently on it. Don't believe the lies
AggieOO
That documentary is laughable.

Vegan can be healthy, but I don't think it's an end all.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
No, more than 90% of the "facts" that they spew are not scientific...

If you want to try it, go ahead, but dont do it on the account of the "shockumentary"

bigtruckguy3500
I want to try it for a couple weeks, simply because I like experimenting with stuff like this. However I don't actually believe it is any better than a high fat diet with meat in it, at least not for most people.
Walter Kovacs
AG
Not a vegan whatsoever (pulled pork today!) but I do make the occasional vegan meal just for something different. From my experience and from the vegans I've known the biggest hurdle is maintaining a balanced diet without going broke or eating the same **** over and over. Ain't easy.
Hincemm
AG
Your Friend said:

Any vegans here?

So...no!
montegobay
Read the "No Meat Athlete." He has lots of meal ideas and how to maintain a balanced diet while going meat free. I also follow him on Twitter and he shares recipes pretty regularly. I am not vegan, but I do eat a mostly vegetarian diet.
speairson
I've been vegan for about 3.5 years now. My 12 year old daughter made the decision on her own to go vegan as well about 1.5 years ago (she was mostly vegetarian a year before that too). My son and hubby are omnivores, so meal prep can be challenging at our house, lol.

I do it for mostly health reasons, while for my daughter it is more about animal ethics. I've done my research on making sure we get a balanced, healthy diet and her pediatrician monitors her through blood tests to make sure she's not deficient in anything, which she has never been. I don't necessarily think the vegan diet is superior healthwise to other types of diets that emphasize whole foods, but it works for us.
JamesBREI06
AG
If you want to be a vegan go for it, but that film is junk science
Whoop!
Your Friend
Going on 3 weeks now. I feel pretty good
dylan
I've always felt better when sticking to a plant based diet. I haven't seen the what the health doc but forks over knives is a doc very much supported by science. Anyway go for seems right.
EliteZags
AG
my buddy that's a borderline roided out gym bro/f***boi oddly started a 'vegan phase' a few month's ago constantly posting vegan meals/recipes etc, I thought it was strange at first especially being able to sustain that kind of build but brushed it off as just one of those weird experimental phases some extreme people go through like when a promoter friend was getting deep into religion

turns out when I called him out it was all a ridiculous social media scam for him to get with girls, he'd post pics of other people's food, literally copy paste lifestyle posts from actual vegans, blame any signs of meat in his house on roommates etc, and it actually worked for him
pretty hilarious
Your Friend
RoseRichAg01
**** that.
Cancelled
AG
Most of the diet based docs on NF are just advertisements for books or programs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.