Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Boston 2018

6,909 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sooner Born
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Clay Emge (Aggie '06) finished in 2:39:14
AggieOO
Didn't he just do Galveston 70.3 last weekend?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yep, he's a beast. Dude has two little kids too.
sims05
AG
Good job, pilot. Won't lie I'm glad I didn't sign up. Do enjoy running in the rain but that didn't look fun.
coop-aero-06
AG
Dang guys, I'm flattered that y'all were tracking me. That was a race that I'll remember forever. Once I hit halfway I knew it was going to be a long shot to break 3. Honestly I am completely happy with my time. I laid it all out there, tried to run as hard as I could and just came up a bit short. For my first Boston Marathon, that was a seriously epic race.

Congrats to Pilot and all the other finishers.
sims05
AG
Great job. If I remember correctly, you excel at the fake marathons. I tried to watch you finish live but the news website will not steam if you are outside the region.
AggieOO
2nd Place woman, Sarah Sellers, was running her second marathon ever. She works full-time. She didn't even know she took second place until someone told her after she finished the race. That's pretty badass.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2018/04/16/who-heck-sarah-sellers-anyway/3S9tG0gZvZombI5n3FqWHP/story.html
mrsbeer05
AG
That woman is a total bad ass. 4.0 in college, athlete, and nursing major. I love that she just wanted to win enough to cover the trip.
BQ2001
AG
Great article. Major congrats to all that ran today. Terrible weather to get through.
coop-aero-06
AG
sims05 said:

Great job. If I remember correctly, you excel at the fake marathons. I tried to watch you finish live but the news website will not steam if you are outside the region.

Haha yeah. From here on out I'm sticking to generous downhill marathons and 12.8 mile half marathons.
wangus12
AG
AggieOO said:

2nd Place woman, Sarah Sellers, was running her second marathon ever. She works full-time. She didn't even know she took second place until someone told her after she finished the race. That's pretty badass.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2018/04/16/who-heck-sarah-sellers-anyway/3S9tG0gZvZombI5n3FqWHP/story.html

Nice little 75k surprise
cjo03
AG
""Early on in the race, I was feeling horrible and I just kind of nudged [Shalane] and said 'hey, I might drop out. There's a good chance I'm going to drop out today. If you need somethingblock the wind, whatever, let me know.' And so she nudged me and she's like 'I'm going to hit the bathroom. And I was like 'well, if it slows up, great, if not I'll try to tuck in and bring you back to the group.' That was that. When I got back to the group and kind of connected, Molly was at the front and Daska and I was like well, I should probably help Molly reconnect to that. Then I turned back and I was in third or and fourth and I thought, I probably shouldn't drop out. So I kept going."

Awesome. I love the power of sport.
agman08
Wow!!! Great times by the Ags today!!
Congrats everyone.
AggieOO
cjo03 said:

""Early on in the race, I was feeling horrible and I just kind of nudged [Shalane] and said 'hey, I might drop out. There's a good chance I'm going to drop out today. If you need somethingblock the wind, whatever, let me know.' And so she nudged me and she's like 'I'm going to hit the bathroom. And I was like 'well, if it slows up, great, if not I'll try to tuck in and bring you back to the group.' That was that. When I got back to the group and kind of connected, Molly was at the front and Daska and I was like well, I should probably help Molly reconnect to that. Then I turned back and I was in third or and fourth and I thought, I probably shouldn't drop out. So I kept going."

you sure you want to give her kudos? she's sponsored by competition.
cjo03
AG
AggieOO said:

cjo03 said:

you sure you want to give her kudos? she's sponsored by competition.

I can get over it for moments like this.
The Pilot
AG
Great job man, you did awesome, especially in these conditions!
Sooner Born
Great article on Kawauchi and how the early surges were all part of the master plan.

http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/2018/04/how-it-happened.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.