Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Quest Protein Bars

1,652 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by shano0603
CuriousAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone tried the Quest Protein Bars? Also, do you know where one could order anything on bulk or have the hook up anywhere?
emando2000
AG
Do yourself a favor & warm them up for about 10 seconds in the microwave! So freaking good! I haven't had one flavor I don't like. I usually eat 1 each day!
bam02
AG
They're by far my favorite, though I don't eat them anymore.

Never did find any deals on them. Bought some through Amazon once but it really wasn't any cheaper than HEB.
bigtruckguy3500
COSTCO has a generic version that's about half price, even without a membership.

I've also gotten them for 1.25 before at big lots.
emando2000
AG
Oh and the buy in bulk thing is hard to find. I've heard they do specials from time to time but I haven't seen one yet.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Look for groupons, sometime they are there
AggieChemist
AG
Chocolate chip cookie dough FTW
PrincessButtercup
AG
bam02 said:

They're by far my favorite, though I don't eat them anymore.

Never did find any deals on them. Bought some through Amazon once but it really wasn't any cheaper than HEB.

This. Best protein bar I've had but they aren't keto friendly so I don't have em anymore.
CuriousAg
Questions...

You can shop at COSTCO without a membership?!

And you remember the name of the generic brand and did it have similar nutritional specs as Quest?
bigtruckguy3500
They allow online sales of certain products, but they charge a surcharge. I think I got 40 of the bars for around $50. Still way cheaper than Quest. I have a hard time making out a difference, but some people do. Almost exact same nutritional profile.

Here are some reviews: http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/06/13/this-might-change-your-life-if-youre-addicted-to-quest-bars-too/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/55iq2s/quick_review_on_kirkland_protein_bars_vs_quest/

And there are a bunch on youtube. As the links show, it's their in house brand - Kirkland. I think labdoor.com had some criticisms of the bar, specifically it failed the heavy metal screening. However I believe Costco sent off samples to other labs and it came back in compliance.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tried several different flavors recently and wasn't a fan at all.
P.U.T.U
AG
It's the weird aftertaste/coating that's in your mouth that I do not like. Tried them again yesterday and same thing as I remember.
CuriousAg
I am willing to give these a try... I am about to be on a plan that requires two bars a day for 3 weeks, so I need a lot.

So this is a great deal right?
https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Variety-Protein-Bars-20-count%2C-2-pack.product.100296106.html

$40 for 2 packs of 20 bars? $1/bar

emando2000
AG
That's a really good price assuming the same nutritional content.
Ken Adams
AG
warm up a Quest bar in the microwave for about 12 seconds and great just got better
CuriousAg
Just ordered. All of the nutritional specs are nearly identical to Quest. I was tempted to order more but figured I should give them a try first!

$41.99 total for 40 bars = $1.05 / bar. This included a non-member 5% surcharge.

Thanks for all of the advice!
bam02
AG
The Kirkland costco bars are a fantastic value compared to quest bars, but they are only mildly enjoyable, whereas the quest bars were delicious, IMO. I kind of came to like that, though, because I tended to eat the quest bars too often and I'd only eat the Costco ones when I truly didn't have time for real food.

My wife said she came to like the taste of the Costco ones more than the quest bars.
RioAg
I switched to Oatmega bars

Quest is too fake tasting for me
O.G.
I'm a fan. HEB and Kroger are usually fairly close on price but you can sometimes find them a little cheaper at GNC.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my go to "desert". I break them in 1/3 or 1/2 for a 67-100 calorie desert almost every night. The Mocha Chocolate Chip are great too.

Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites - Birthday Cake is another go-to. 1 cookie has 80 calories and tastes great.
Seven Costanza
AG
CuriousAg said:

Questions...

You can shop at COSTCO without a membership?!

And you remember the name of the generic brand and did it have similar nutritional specs as Quest?
You can actually buy alcohol in Costco without a membership. It's a legal loophole that goes back to the immediate post-prohibition era. It's really not worth the hassle, though.
RioAg
Legal loophole prohibition?

Aren't the Costco liquor stores completely different companies?
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, those are them. Looks like the price has come down a couple dollars since I bought.
Seven Costanza
AG
RioAg said:

Legal loophole prohibition?

Aren't the Costco liquor stores completely different companies?
Doesn't have to be a Costco liquor store. You can go to a Costco, say "I'm just here to buy alcohol", and they let you in.
shano0603
AG
1. I can't stand the taste of any of them
2. If you live in Houston, Nutrition Depot has them at good prices
3. If you're feeling wild, you can order the fiber syrup Quest uses and then mix your own protein powder and flavorings... make your own for a lot cheaper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.