Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fighting Autoimmunity 5K — September 2, 2017 in Coppell, TX

662 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Coppell97
Coppell97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
REGISTER HERE: http://www.playtri.com/competeeveryday/
Compete Every Day- Fighting Autoimmunity 5K

WHEN
September 2, 2017
8:00AM - 1mi start
8:32AM - 5k start

WHERE
Newly renovated Andy Brown East Park
260 Parkway Blvd
Coppell, TX 75019

All proceeds from the event will go to the following two charities:

1) The CONQUER Project (Collaboration on Neuroimmunology: Question, Understand, Educate, Restore), a collaborative effort at UT Southwestern that hopes to solve critical issues for Autoimmune patients by conducting research and coordinating clinical efforts.

2) The Children's Alopecia Project (CAP)
CAP is the only 501(c) 3 non-profit devoted specifically to helping children living with the hair-loss disease, alopecia areata. They do so by raising awareness about alopecia, providing support for children and their families, and building self esteem in children living with alopecia.
Sooner Born
No offense but 5k's are a dime a dozen. You might get more interest if you can share why this one is important to you.
Coppell97
AG
Sure. Glad you asked. Here's why this race is important to me, my son and my family;

My son at age 7 suddenly lost all his hair and is completely bald due to alopecia. It's an autoimmune condition in which the body's immune system attacks hair thinking it is protecting the body. As a result, he cannot grow any hair -- he is completely bald and even lost all his eyebrows and eyelashes. There is no cure and the condition is tough as kids or people with alopecia often get bullied or picked on.

One of the charities the race benefits -- Children's Alopecia Project (CAP) -- is dear to our heart. CAP was instrumental in helping my son deal with and come to acceptance with his alopecia. Through CAP he was able to meet other kids with alopecia for the first time.

CAP's programs boosted his self esteem and gave him the confidence he needs in all situations for school and elsewhere. CAP changed his life. It brought him out of his shell, and he is living his life not fearing alopecia or what goes on around him due to alopecia.
Coppell97
AG
Bumping thread. Our race is 2 weeks away.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.