Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

World Championships - 100m

2,623 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TurboVelo
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txags92 said:

Lance didnt get excommunicated for doping. He was excommunicated for being a total a-hole to innocent people in trying to keep it hidden. If he had just been caught doping like everybody else was, he would still be revered like the most famous doper in cycling, Eddy Merckx.

Ding, ding, ding
Pahdz
Man Emma Coburn is awesome
wangus12
AG
Pahdz said:

Man Emma Coburn is awesome
Back off man. She's been my crush for 3 years.
claym711
AG
txags92 said:

Lance didnt get excommunicated for doping. He was excommunicated for being a total a-hole to innocent people in trying to keep it hidden. If he had just been caught doping like everybody else was, he would still be revered like the most famous doper in cycling, Eddy Merckx.

Everyone loves to hate the best.
AggieOO
No, it has nothing to do with hating the best. It has to do with him being a piece of **** as a person. I use to be a huge Armstrong fan.
txags92
AG
I actually admire the guy as an athlete. In an era when everybody was doping, he was still head and shoulders above all of them. It still took incredible discipline and endurance to reach the level he reached. I think it is BS that he has been essentially persona non grata in the sport for so long, but it is what it is. Me telling you why doesn't mean I agree with the why. But my opinion of him as a person is different than my opinion of him as an athlete. As a person, he is an a-hole and deserves the treatment he has received.
Pahdz
Okay, who else thinks Bolt faked that?
txags92
AG
Thought didn't cross my mind until you said it. Looked legit to me. Seemed like he was just coming into full stride where normally he turns on the afterburners, and then something tweaked.
NoahAg
With Jamaica's performance in these events, I'm wondering if their "sports medicine" budget had been cut recently.
txags92
AG
NoahAg said:

With Jamaica's performance in these events, I'm wondering if their "sports medicine" budget had been cut recently.
I would suspect that advances in testing capabilities made whatever they were using too risky to continue.
NoahAg
txags92 said:

NoahAg said:

I would suspect that advances in testing capabilities made whatever they were using too risky to continue.

Yep. Bolt's "slow" 100 and pulling up lame; no Jamaicans in the men's or women's 200; the women's 4x400; men's 4x400 not even in the final, etc...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Definitely seems like the brakes have been slammed on that program.

Some of the talks I've seen around Bold after the 4x100 is whether this is motivation for a comeback later or not. What do y'all think?

Personally, I think it just cements his retirement further because this was the type of ending he was afraid of by sticking around too long. I think he calls himself thankful it happened at the Worlds and not the 2016 Olympics and moves on. But some seem to think this will serve as motivation like Michael Phelps 2012 Olympic showing.
TurboVelo
AG
txags92 said:

Nobody was innocent.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.