Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

World Championships - 100m

2,624 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TurboVelo
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1 Gatlin
2 Coleman
3 Bolt

BOOM! 'Merica
Pahdz
Once Coleman becomes a complete 100m runner look the hell out.

Yay America but Gatlin still gives me that "meh" response. I'll never be 100% convinced he's on the up and up in regards to doping. Having said that, you could probably get that feeling about the entire sport.
P.U.T.U
AG
Everyone is doping, don't kid yourself
Pahdz
P.U.T.U said:

I mean, I tend to want to agree, but I really only question those that really stand out, such as...

Gatlin running so well at 35
Any Ethiopian, especially that 10k chick that almost lapped the field
Caster Semanya
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

This. So we know Gatlin doped in the past...yet Bolt kept handily beating him anyway? Either Bolt really is superhuman, or Bolt is doping too. Given the history I have seen in sports like Cycling, I am intensely skeptical of seeing one person head and shoulders above the rest of the field for a period of several years.
Pahdz
What about Mo Farah? Super human?
NoahAg
And Torie Bowie with the win on the ladies side! Heckova race. What a finish!
NoahAg
Pahdz said:

Farah -> Salazar=doping

I'm resigned to believe all the top athletes are at minimum pushing the boundaries of what is legal.

Yeah, no way that Jamaica, the IOC, IAAF, and Nike were gonna let Bolt get busted.
AggieOO
Pahdz said:

Lol. Farah's ties to Salazar is all you need to know.
txags92
AG
Pahdz said:

Yes, I believe and Rupp are dopers. Salazar is the Dr Ferrari of Track and Field.
Pahdz
I dont follow distance running like I do the sprints.

If that's the case, it's super rich the Brits made him a saint yet booed Gatlin like crazy. I know Farah has never tested positive but still.

Loved Bowie's lean and win. She's my favorite.
AggieOO
Pahdz said:

I know Farah has never tested positive but still.

Neither did Lance.
Pahdz
Right

Sucks that my favorite sport is tainted by everyone thinking any great performance has to be because of doping.
P.U.T.U
AG
No all of the sprinters in the last Olympic tested positive but the committee was told to make someone as the scapegoat...just not an America. I need to find the article talking about this.

If you are not on steroids you are an idiot if winning is your goal.
NoahAg
Aggies Ameer Webb - 200 - and Shameer Little - 400 hurdles - run their first heats this afternoon. Both have shots at medals.

Fred Kelley runs the 400 final tomorrow, 8/8. Again, good shot at a medal.

Donavan Brazier finished 7th in his semifinal heat (800).

Pahdz
NoahAg said:

Aggies Ameer Webb - 200 - and Shameer Little - 400 hurdles - run their first heats this afternoon. Both have shots at medals.

Fred Kelley runs the 400 final tomorrow, 8/8. Again, good shot at a medal.

Donavan Brazier finished 7th in his semifinal heat (800).

Brazier got boxed in and ran a pretty bad race.

Kerley looks gassed, I'm thinking the long NCAA season may be finally catching up to him. He's going to have to run MUCH better to medal. Van Niekerk and Bakwala are the class of that 400m final.

Ameer has a good shot at a medal, 200m field is not very deep.
NoahAg
I didn't get to see the 400 or 800 heats. Just saw the update that Webb moves on to the semis. Van Niekerk will be tough to beat.
Pahdz
incredible women's 1500m last night, Jenny Simpson closed very strong for silver.
NoahAg
Yep, she even managed to beat a man who somehow got in the race.
coop-aero-06
AG
NoahAg said:

Yep, she even managed to beat a man who somehow got in the race.
I was gutted to see that Semenya edged out Muir for the bronze as well. Muir ran very well and it would have been awesome to see her medal in front of the home crowd.
NoahAg
Sam Kendricks putting on a vaulting clinic.
Men's steeplechase coming up. Jager's fun to watch.
Shamier Little falters in the 400 hurdles; fails to make the final.
NoahAg
Boom, Kendricks wins gold!

Jager with the bronze.

Kerley loses steam and finishes 7th in the 400, while Van Niekerk looks almost effortless in the win.
Pahdz
wow check out the women's 400m replay if you missed it
Pahdz
Also, very good of the IAAF to let Makwala qualify for the 200m semis. What looked like was going to be a snoozefest event now looks wide the F open after VanNiekirk looked like crap in the semis.
NoahAg
Pahdz said:

wow check out the women's 400m replay if you missed it
That was nuts. I always pull for Felix, but what a finish by Francis.
NoahAg
Pahdz said:

Also, very good of the IAAF to let Makwala qualify for the 200m semis. What looked like was going to be a snoozefest event now looks wide the F open after VanNiekirk looked like crap in the semis.
The final is gonna be awesome. Great to see Webb make it in. And Isiah Young with the fastest qualifying time. Crazy, no Jamaicans in the final. It'll be a photo finish, but my prediction:

1 - Jereem Richards (Trinidad & Tobago) - in the semi, dude eased up, looked around, and still won in 20.14.
2 - Makwala (Botswana) - had the worst lane, second worst reaction time, and still ran 20.14 in the semi.
3 - Young (USA) - ran a season best in the semi. He'll have to beat it to get bronze.
4 - Webb (USA) - running from lane 9, he'll get caught down the stretch by the top 3.
5 - Van Niekerk (South Africa) - just not enough left in the legs after so many 400 and 200 heats.
Pahdz
I think Makwala gets it

On that note, I think it's awesome that some African nations are starting to get more competitive in the sprints. Botswana in particular has some strong 400 and 800 runners.
Pahdz
Wow Centrowitz DFL in his heat.
wangus12
AG
And he ran faster than when he won Gold in Rio
NoahAg
Pahdz said:

Wow Centrowitz DFL in his heat.
Dang, I missed that. Looks like it's up to Andrews.

Re: 200m final. This is why I don't gamble. The sprinting powerhouse Turkey takes the gold! Can't believe Van Niekerk nearly pulled it off. Webb looked strong. Just not quite enough.

In other events, USA still dominating the men's triple jump. Christian Taylor and Will Claye go 1-2 again.

US women go 1-2 in the 400 hurdles.

And Dafne Schippers performs like a reincarnated east German, winning her 200m semi (not insinuating anything; she's just a beast). Hopefully Deajah Stevens can challenge her, but I doubt it. And again, no Jamaicans in the 200 final.
yestoast
Pahdz said:

Right

Sucks that my favorite sport is tainted by everyone thinking any great performance has to be because of doping.
Fastest 100M times, ever, with doping records striken:

NoahAg
So all those stricken were actually confirmed failed tests?! Dang.

Yeah, I'm sure Bolt's times are legit.
txags92
AG
Wow! Even with my jaded perception, that is a surprisingly bad. Amazing too that Bolt hasn't run that fast in the last 5 years. Reminds me of looking for a replacement winner for Lance's TDF victories. They finally decided to leave them blank since so many of the 2nd and 3rd place riders were dopers too.
wangus12
AG
And for that reason they should give Lance his TDF victories back. All them mofos were doping back then
txags92
AG
Lance didnt get excommunicated for doping. He was excommunicated for being a total a-hole to innocent people in trying to keep it hidden. If he had just been caught doping like everybody else was, he would still be revered like the most famous doper in cycling, Eddy Merckx.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.