Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Medicare enrollment

529 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Matsui
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I turn 65 in October 2017. I am 99% sure that I will retire in 12/2019, maybe 01/2020 if to my advantage. I have employer provided insurance with BlueCross and I assume I will be covered until I retire (no reason to think otherwise). Upon retirement, I automatically get switched to my wife's plan, which is through TRS (she retired last year from teaching).

Anyway, do I need to sign up for Medicare prior to my 65th b-day or do I wait until I retire? Not sure if it matters, but I have an IRA and a 401K (plus SS which I am not necessarily counting on a specific # from) in addition to my wife's pension that she is currently drawing from, in addition to her 403B which we wont touch until I retire (threw that in since I don't know if finances play into Medicare at all).

Thanks for your comments
mrsbeer05
AG
My mom actually just signed up, but she retired before she turned 65. I think you have to do it now based on what she has said.
Matsui
AG
Post this on the business forum. Lots of health experts there and some health brokers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.