Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Advice needed

1,188 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by austinrb10
AggielandPoultry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I currently have a 6mm stone stuck in my Rt ureter but not blocking urine flow and another 6mm stone in the same kidney. The stone has been in this same location roughly half way from the kidney to the bladder for 3 weeks.. On Monday, my urologist wants to preform a Cystourethrosopy ,Pyeloscopy with laser lithrotripsy and then place a uretreal stent for several days..
The problem is I have invested what I would consider a lot of money on a family vacation covering 3 states over 16 days. Flying out this coming Sunday morning, after reading online about the pain most people go through with stents i'm considering rescheduling the operation until after the trip.. Has anyone ever had this done or have any experience with it? I want to get these stones blasted and get fixed but I just cannot justify possibly being in pain on this upcoming trip. Any advice ??????????????
I Am A Critic
What's more important to you, pain or money?
88planoAg
AG
That sucks, sorry. All the planning and anticipation is at least as much of an issue as the money. Does any of your travel involve roller coasters?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/riding-roller-coasters-might-help-dislodge-kidney-stones
aznaggiegirl07
AG
AggielandPoultry said:

I currently have a 6mm stone stuck in my Rt ureter but not blocking urine flow and another 6mm stone in the same kidney. The stone has been in this same location roughly half way from the kidney to the bladder for 3 weeks.. On Monday, my urologist wants to preform a Cystourethrosopy ,Pyeloscopy with laser lithrotripsy and then place a uretreal stent for several days..
The problem is I have invested what I would consider a lot of money on a family vacation covering 3 states over 16 days. Flying out this coming Sunday morning, after reading online about the pain most people go through with stents i'm considering rescheduling the operation until after the trip.. Has anyone ever had this done or have any experience with it? I want to get these stones blasted and get fixed but I just cannot justify possibly being in pain on this upcoming trip. Any advice ??????????????
They say passing a kidney stone is as closet a man can come to experiencing the pain of childbirth...
aggiebrad94
AG
Quote:

They say passing a kidney stone is as closet a man can come to experiencing the pain of childbirth...
Jeff Foxworthy says BS. Kidney stones much worse. You never hear anyone after having one stone saying they are going to try to have another.

** I can type that because my wife doesn't ever come on texags...
Absolute
AG
Can a test that it sucks pain wise and mine were smaller.

Can also a test that the roller coaster thing works to help pass them.
AggieChemist
AG
The pain women experience in childbirth is almost as intense as the pain a man feels when he can't go fishing.
Jim01
AG
Why does he want to do the stent? Does he not think the stone will break up enough to pass? I had shock wave lithotripsy and it broke up the stone and I passed the fragments in a matter of hours.

Have you brought up the concerns with your doctor? What does he say?

It's a roll of the dice. The procedures might make for some pain but what if one of those bad boys shifts during the vacation, that might be even worse times.
austinrb10
AG
I've had two stents. Both were extremely painful, and more than likely you'll be on a bag for at least a few days. It will take about 2 weeks for it to finally get to a point where you don't cringe when you have to go to the bathroom. Sitting for extended periods of time, especially in a vehicle, where the pressure of the seat tends to push against the kidney is not ideal.

I had other things going on, but the stints were not fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.