Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cardioversion for a-fib

699 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bam02
Gunter12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have personal experience with this procedure? I'm having it done Friday and am not sure what to expect after...did you feel immediately better? More energy?

I don't know how long I've had this condition, but the last 2-3 weeks have sucked. Fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, edema in my lower legs...hopeful this procedure helps.
Kool
AG
Make sure you don't have sleep apnea if you have a-fib. Untreated apnea is a significant risk factor for failed cardioversion. Couldn't tell you anything about post procedure recovery but I wish you well.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigtruckguy3500
Cardioablation or cardioversion?
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I have afib at times. Luckily the rescue pills the doc gave me work. Take 2 pills and it usually goes away in an hour or two. I take 1 Flecadine and 1 Xarelto but only when I am experiencing afib.

I hate it when I have it. Same symptoms you mentioned.

However, I've recently lost 20 lbs and have been exercising more days than not. Knock on wood. I haven't had an episode since and I no longer use my cpap machine. Wife says I no longer snore or gasp for air. And I am sleeping great.

Good luck!
bam02
AG
Are you sure that's a-fib and not pvc's? I believe a-fib is usually asymptomatic.
adefect
You can be symptomatic in a-fib. Well, typically from my what I've seen is when it switches to A-fib RVR (rapid ventricular response.)

Lots of time they will came in with shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, nausea, and of course palpitations.
Gunter12
BigTruckGuy---it's the cardioversion procedure.
bam02
AG
I know it can be, but just wanted to check and clarify. Important topic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.