Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fundraising

636 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sooner Born
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this but since it involves bike rides, I'm gonna go with it.

I need some ideas for fundraising for our MS bike ride. Just the straight up asking for money doesn't work well for me. We did a gun raffle last year that was pretty successful, but that was a group thing that I didn't have much input in other than selling tickets. I've come up with a couple of ideas, but they haven't done all that well in the past for other groups it turns out, and I wanted to try something new this year.

Have any of y'all had great success with anything in particular that I might try?
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Restaurants?

Certain amount of proceeds go to your organization,...

Or straight up ask for donations...
MooreTrucker
AG
aznaggiegirl07 said:

Restaurants?

Certain amount of proceeds go to your organization,...

Or straight up ask for donations...
We tried a couple of restaurants...Chick-Fil-A and a local burger place. Neither were successful.

As for the second, failure to make the "ask" is why I'm not in sales....
AgEng06
AG
Topless car wash
Frok
AG
What really worked well for me this year was our team held a raffle with a whole assortment of prizes. If you are part of a corporate team then that makes it much easier because you can get things like vacation days and parking spots tossed in which cost you nothing. However it's work to get the sponsored prizes. I saw some people do a Superbowl Square game with some prizes as well.

I would say the key is to group up with others and then divide the "profit" to each of your individual accounts.

For some reason people at work are usually more generous than my friends and family.
AggieOO
wife and i did a 24 hour relay on trainers (wahoo kickrs) and live streamed the whole thing. people paid to come in and ride with us or sponsor us per mile. Guessing you probably have no interest in that.
Sooner Born
AggieOO said:

wife and i did a 24 hour relay on trainers (wahoo kickrs) and live streamed the whole thing. people paid to come in and ride with us or sponsor us per mile. Guessing you probably have no interest in that.
I remember that. That was cool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.