Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Flat Belly diet

1,267 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chipotle
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bulletproof and macros threads got me thinking. What do y'all think of the Flat Belly diet? I realize it's a creation of Prevention mag to sell subscriptions, etc. but the basic premise....4-5 meals, 400 cals. each, make sure to include a MUFA.
AgEng06
AG
Sounds dumb, but I tend to think anything that is named "XXXX Diet" is dumb.

And WTF is a MUFA?
MooreTrucker
AG
Monounsaturated fatty acid. The good kinda fat like avocados, nuts, olive oil, stuff like that.
AggieOO
the first that that popped in my head was:

Flat belly on a diet, don't try it. I'll check your ass like a looter in a riot.
bigtruckguy3500
I'd say if you like splitting your meals into 400 calories each and 2000cal/day is right for you to lose weight, then go for it. Otherwise I dont' think there's anything particularly special about the diet.

The simplest way I know of to lose weight - just eat mostly veggies and meat/eggs, followed by nuts, legumes, healthy oils/fats, fruits, and then minimize or eliminate processed grains and sugars. That by itself should limit your calories sufficiently for you to lose weight, regardless of how many meals you split it up into. But it wouldn't hurt to keep track of your calories anyways.
chipotle
AggieOO said:

the first that that popped in my head was:

Flat belly on a diet, don't try it. I'll check your ass like a looter in a riot.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.